Great College Essay Topics Tips
- Author Fred Holt
- Published May 28, 2009
- Word count 566
Writing an essay can be frustrating and difficult. However, if planned properly and chosen wisely, your essay can stand out from the crowd because of its quality and richness in content.
Many students get stuck on the very first step of essay writing that is "topic selection". Here I m going to reveal the strategies by following which a professional custom essay writer easily select the topic to turn it in to a best custom essay.
College essay topics are a matter of choice. It can be either direct or indirect. Hence the choice is of utmost importance as the college will evaluate your creativity, thought process, personality, values, style and organizational abilities. The college essay topic itself will reveal your preferences. It will judge, whether you have an artistic mind or a person with a scientific bend.
The selection of good essay topics also reflects your values and style. The college essay topic will bring out your perception about yourself and the society at large. How you approach the essay and what contents you produce in the essay will be a deciding factor about your values and style. The cohesiveness and affirmative styling of the essay is an integral part of a successful essay.
The thought process of the student can be ascertained by the college essay topic as well. It will provide insights to the students mind, whether it is an impulsive mind or a methodical one. If the college essay topic deals with national issues or international news, then how the subject is perceived, thought after and later executed will straight away reveal the student’s thought process, organizational ability and level of intelligence.
A well thought college essay topic will be more focused and sincere. Though there is no right or wrong college essay topic, but a more distinctive topical approach is what sets a student apart from the rest of his peers. The approach will estimate the student’s attitude and will act as a reflection of his personality and values.
In some cases the college may assign the college essay topic, however, most often the choice is left to the student. When choosing the topic, the student must have a distinctive and focused approach. Interesting essay topics can deal with the student’s interests, hobbies, growing years, his outlook towards the world at large or it could be a topic on a specific event or experience. The essay should be personal and down to earth. There is no need to think about superfluous topics. The student can narrate his own personal experience and beliefs. One can write about a relationship, hardships faced during the course of student life. This will bring out the real person from within and reveal the student’s belief and thought process.
But, when writing on a college essay topic it is important to break the topic down into paragraphs. Each paragraph should reveal an aspect of the topic. It is better to be spontaneous and personal in the approach. Start with an introduction followed by the body of the college essay topic and summarize it in the conclusion. For a more generalized topic the approach is not very different, however, the understanding is the key here. How the topic is perceived, what arguments are envisaged for or against it and how the student completes the essay, is what will prove the success of the essay.
I am Fred Holt. I graduated (Master of Arts (M.F.A) in Teaching) from Stanford University in 1996 and since then I've been privately tutoring students of all ages. Throughout our illustrious teaching career of 12 years, we have offered our essay topics as senior faculty members and research associates at various IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITIES.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Updating Your LinkedIn Profile For The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Must I Be A Good Writer For Me To Blog?
- How to write a final year project from chapter one to five
- Bhagavad-Gita - the Song of God! Eternal message of spiritual wisdom!
- It all began on a blustery Rainy Day…AND It all ended with a beautiful Sunset!
- English Grammar Rules
- Management: Successful Writing at Work
- How to Break Into Video Game Journalism
- Stress Associated with Student Life
- Hit writer's block? The advantages of hiring a resume writer
- 5 Resume Bloopers Which Could Be Wrecking Your Job Search
- 4 Top Reasons Why Resumes Are So Hard To Write
- If you think that bidding process is over after submitting the proposal, then think again.
- Survival through Sanitation Sensitization
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Public Speaking Book For Your Teenage Child
- How to Make Money on Facebook: Step by Step User Guide
- The 5 Skills Need to Become a Successful Content Writer
- Traits That Make the Best Paraphrasing Service Provider
- What are the 4 Cs of 21st century education?
- Important tips on writing your first tender bid
- Another Content Writer’s Inspiration: "My Work Process Explained"
- Know Some Hidden Facts about Professional CV Writers
- Top 10 Secrets of Successful Web Copywriting
- Tutorial Writing: How to Write Tutorials that Get Accepted
- 5 Writing Mistakes Students Need To Avoid!
- How to Write an Award-winning Business Plan
- Science Fiction, Adventure, Romance Books to Read Online on Amazon
- Letter to instructor
- Publisher’s Assignment
- 5 Effective Steps To Write An Essay Outline