Inexpensive Ways To Have Fun
- Author Melissa Marcy
- Published March 25, 2010
- Word count 461
Many people lately are looking to save cash in every way they can. It seems that leisure activities are usually the first to get cut, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t still have fun. Here is a list of things you can do for fun for free or on a small budget.
Pot-Luck-Party. Have all the people you enjoy stop by for a party, but have them all bring some food and whatever beverage they want to drink. This is a great alternative to a night out on the town for those on a budget, and most people today will appreciate the break.
Plan FREE seasonal activities with your friends or family. Sledding is often free in the winter, as are many beaches and state parks. Go hiking together in the fall or spring, go tubing (small fee) down a river in the summer, or head to the beach. Bring with you whatever you want to eat or drink and bring the party wherever you go.
Movie night. Have your friends over and ask everyone to bring their favorite movie and a snack. This way you’ll have plenty of movies to choose from and loads of junk food you can all enjoy while watching. For a truly interesting night, have them choose the absolute WORST movie from their collection and find the strangest snack they can to bring with.
Slip and slide. Yes, I said slip and slide. If anyone still has one from their youth, that would make for a truly interesting back yard party. This works well with super-soakers… and water balloons. Can’t go wrong with those. Or just head out to a park near your house with a group of people and play some sort of sport. Whether it is football, soccer or something else doesn’t matter. You don’t even need to be good at it… this is for FUN remember?
In lieu of a regular vacation, there is the good old fashioned ROAD TRIP! This is equally as fun whether you are going as a family or with a group of your friends. It is especially fun if you go somewhere totally pointless… like to see that big ball of twine, wherever it is. The destination isn’t what is important, but the journey and all of the craziness that goes along with it.
Disclaimer: this article is intended for inspirational purposes only and the techniques and ideas described herein are not to be used as a substitute for professional medical or psychological treatment or without prior consultation with, approval of, and under the supervision of your physician or therapist. Application of the information, techniques and ideas in this article is at the sole risk and discretion of the reader.
Melissa Marie Marcy is an author, artist and Reiki practitioner. She is the author of The Manifestation Guidebook and How To Be In Tune With The Infinite, and has produced a series of Reiki charged nature meditation videos and mp3’s. For more information or to schedule a Reiki session, please visit her website at http://www.virtualitystudio.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy