What is Happiness?
- Author Yachika Verma
- Published April 6, 2010
- Word count 476
The people of our times have been battling life at a very brisk pace and often, do not manage to catch time for a family get together because they have a meeting to attend. Children that go to school often miss their play time because there are tests at school and also, a truckload of homework that needs to be finished along with it. Such is the pace of life in today’s times that often, it becomes hard to comprehend what it is that we are running for. Where is the happiness in life where we can all sit and chat over a cup of coffee, take it easy and watch our kids have a field day at the swimming pool?
What is happiness? Happiness is a state of mind when you feel relaxed and rejuvenated, and most importantly, when you have reasons to smile in your life, when we see a person smiling, almost always we tend to say that he looks happy. That’s what happiness is. It is nothing but a smile that can ease the tension of the business venture, of the exam that you are going to appear for, or of confrontation that you might have with your parents. A smile can put aside everything and make your heart feel lighter and make you feel stronger for sure.
Happiness is a key virtue in the world that we live in today because everything that we do, from eating to working to studying is quite literally a competition along with every other individual in the world. The pressure of the work, of that kid winning the race and scoring better grades in math’s than you, is quiet stressful I believe. So it is always important to find happiness in whatever you do in life. If you are not happy, the things are not going to turn up in your favor, and that is precisely why a smile is a much preferred expression over the sulky face, because it gives you a vibe of positive energy, and because you can feel that you are on the right path.
In surveys that have been taken across the globe, when people are asked what they want most in their lives, they answer happiness, not work, not money, but happiness. That is the profoundness that happiness can hold in our lives, provided we give it a chance to be there in our lives. It is up to us how we live and what ways we choose to live, and hence it can only be up to us to create our part of the happiness in our lives. Follow your happiness, focus on what you want and live a life that gives you a feeling of content, because happiness truly is the key to a successful and healthy life. So be happy and keep smiling!!
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings