How to Find Happiness - 5 Simple Techniques
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published April 30, 2010
- Word count 530
It would seem fair and accurate to say that a common 'quest' shared by many would be how to find happiness in our daily lives. Authentic happiness may be defined by different people in different ways but ultimately it comes down to an inner peace we feel. It therefore stands to reason that the key to happiness is finding that inner peace which brings us to our discussion here today. What is it we can do to or how is it we can act that will help bring happiness, or more of it, into our lives?
Here are 5 simple techniques you can immediately use with little effort that will help put 'pep in your step' and bring happiness into your life.
It is amazing how showing a little gratitude can make your insides feel so warm and fuzzy. Besides the fact that it feels nice to be nice these actions bring out the best in others also. The result is they respond to you in the same fashion and in the end this can bring happiness to everybody involved.
Also by giving thanks it consciously makes you aware that others are acting kindly towards you so you therefore appreciate it more.
If you stop and consider how much influence each one of us has over our own destiny there is no reason not to have hope. Possessing hope or optimism gives you more energy and a certain sense of excitement about the way things 'can' be. This helps to 'lighten' your mood and can bring happiness to those around you.
Perform Random Acts of Kindness
Much like giving thanks being helpful to others without expectations of reward or reciprocation makes you feel good about yourself. The resulting reactions you get from the people who you helped only serve to make you feel even better.
Emphasize Your Strengths
So you got some weaknesses, big deal, everybody does too. Learn to put more emphasis on the strengths you posses whether it is a sense of humor being a good listener or something else. Using your strengths gives you more confidence and likely gets a better reaction from others both of which tend to make you feel better about yourself.
Count Your Blessings
Look around you and see others that have various challenges such as physical, financial or emotional in nature and appreciate what you have and who you are. No matter what the situation may be there is ALWAYS somebody who has it tougher than you! Life is only as bad as you 'perceive' it to be.
With lifestyles that seem to be consumed by work and stress it is no wonder that many question how to find happiness in their own lives. Not the happiness you may experience when leaving work for the day or perhaps a long weekend but true authentic happiness that stress can NOT erase. These 5 techniques reviewed here today can quickly establish that sense of 'well being' to help make you feel a more 'positive connection' with your own life. Stimulating this sense of inner peace is the key to happiness and comes with giving thanks for what it is we ALREADY have.
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings