What is life? If not compromise!
- Author Nina Bagnall
- Published June 17, 2010
- Word count 524
What do you think? To put everything in perspective for you the reader, it is appropriate that you are made aware from which generation I was raised.
My father was Polish and my mother was English, the best parents any child could wish for. I was the second of four children, living in a market town in England. Born in the early fifties, the four of us were lucky to be educated in private schools receiving the best education possible, whilst at home our parents taught us the true values of life.
Right from wrong! Honesty being the best policy! Having respect for your elders! To this day, it is a vivid memory, even into my late teens, never daring to address someone older by their first name.
For me life did not start out too well. When only about 6 months old, I burst a blood vessel in my head, extremely serious business at that time, so much so, the surgeon told my parents that he would do the best he could but only offered less than 50/50 survival and so being christened catholic the last rites were administered by our local priest.
As it turned out, I was reprieved, so to speak, but the illness left me with poor eye sight and at nine months old, began what was to be yet something else that would, by its severity, stop me doing and having things that others take for granted, ASTHMA.
I was the only child at "St Josephs Convent School" to be struck down with this debilitating disease which to some degree isolates’ you. Don’t misunderstand, I still had friends, but could not join in any of the sports, which would have been great.
My difficulties would begin, just by getting a common cold, because this lead to chest infections which made me bed ridden for most of 6 weeks it took to get better. It always seemed that I was playing catch up with my studies, falling behind through no fault of my own. Nevertheless, it was hard. But, as they say "Life goes on" which indeed it did!
During the subsequent years, reading became a passion of mine and gave me endless hours of pleasure and fulfillment, for which I am grateful. Books have the ability to teach and therefore an individual is bound to acquire knowledge on so many topics, so for me, you could say books educated me in life!
Getting married and having two beautiful daughters. The irony was that both pregnancies were the only consistent times of my life when I was free of Asthma attacks.
My aspirations were dampened most of the time! I wanted to be a vet, but could not be in close contact with animals, joining the forces was a definite no, no.
In the end I settled for mediocrity taking a short hand typing course, but was somehow never fulfilled, always thinking there was something else waiting.
Today, life is by no means a bed of roses, but, now I know who I am and what my boundaries are without feeling too compromised!
What about you?
Follow my daily tweets on Twitter
My name is Nina Bagnall, author of various books for women. I am a firm believer in natural alternatives for healing mind, body and soul. Our bodies are not only unique but are most definitely a miracle to be proud of.
Born and raised in Staffordshire England, educated at a private convent school.
Most people have problems, but, it’s the solutions that make the difference. These books are the answers.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings