Auto Painters Fix Mismatched Vehicle Repairs
- Author Jeremy Smith
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 475
One of the most prominent signs that someone has been in a car accident is physical damage to the vehicle. Those that are mechanically inclined sometimes opt for the do-it-yourself quick fix of taking a panel from a junk car and replacing the damaged or missing parts. Quarter panels, hoods and fenders must be removed from another car or truck of the same make, year and model to ensure a close and usable fit. While it is less expensive, the biggest problem with this method of repair is that the donor car is rarely the same color. This unappealing, eye-catching problem can be remedied with a trip to the local car repair and auto painting center to complete the vehicle collision repair.
While a donor vehicle repair is a quick fix, it is only part of the remedy. The car is safer and more functional to drive; however, the mismatched single or multiple panels on the vehicle are similar to wearing a neon sign that shouts to other drivers, "I’ve been in an accident." Since people tend to avoid vehicles that are a sign of trouble, this may lead to other problems. For example, this often results in other motorists making it difficult for that driver to merge into traffic. They may also be the target of false claims of hitting other vehicles. The damaged vehicle is also an embarrassment for the driver when friends, co-workers and family members are present in the parking lot or driveway, staring at it, shaking their heads or rolling their eyes. The best way to fix this problem is to have the vehicle or the panel repainted to match.
When a dent is banged out of the outer panel, it often mars the paint’s finish and creates chipping and peeling. Holes and other damage can be repaired with body putty.
Once this is sanded, the smooth surface is ready for paint. The auto can then be taken to an auto painting center where a professional can complete the repair with a matching paint job. This is difficult for a do-it-yourself repair, because color matching, weather conditions, clean environments and space are all difficult factors for individuals to overcome. A professional shop will have a premier paint booth with the ability to create the right hue with matte, metallic and gloss finishes to match.
Once step one of repairing or replacing the panel is complete, step two is to have it painted by a professional auto painting center. A collision repair center that is up to date on technology is a good place to have the vehicle painted. The existing paint color can be matched almost exactly using a computerized color-matching system. The whole car or truck can be repainted or just one section, depending on the preferences of the vehicle’s owner.
There are no posted comments.
- Useful Tips To Know When Installing And Removing A Car Battery
- Removing Graffiti in USA Made Easier
- The Best Service Of Clear Film Removal At JLN Overspray
- Process of hiring for the remove overspray from plastic service
- 5 Steps To Take When Involved In An Accident
- What Vehicle Repairs Can You Learn to Do?
- How to make sure your car doesn’t fail its MOT
- Do You Really Need a Regular Car Service?
- Car air conditioning problems? How to fix it
- Car Service Perth Advice: Home Maintenance Can Really Help
- How Easy-Run Engine Test Stands Shine Above the Rest
- Get the Best Automotive Repair Manual for You
- Blower motor resistor replacement
- Stepper Motor replacement for Nissan Tida / Livina /Teana
- COG LCD display Replacement
- ACC Unit LCD Display For Seat Leon / Toledo
- Commercial HVAC Tips to Save You Money this Summer
- Hire the certified technician for Edison heating repair
- Pièces détachées moto – Consider 3 important types!
- Replacing Excavator Components: OEM or Aftermarket Parts?
- The Advantages of Diesel
- Tips For Finding a Great Mechanic
- The Best Way To Go About Becoming A Mercedes-Benz Mechanic
- Build your garage's reputation on the quality of your automotive lift service
- 4 Factors to Consider When Replacing Factory Exhaust Tips
- Knowing How To Replace The Fuel Filter On Your Pickup Truck
- Jaguar S Type Shifter Part malfunction
- Auto Restoration 101: Essential Tips for Used Car Restoration
- What Do You Know About Car Restoration
- How Can I Find Cheap Car Tyres?