Four Easy Ways To Save Money At Your Auto Repair Shop
- Author Lawrence Wible
- Published May 27, 2011
- Word count 521
Just about every auto repair shop is looking for ways to save money.
This can be difficult to do, especially if you’re running the day-to-day operations of the business. There’s often not enough time in the day to look for ways to save money.
To help you get started, here are some easy things that you can do to save money at your auto repair shop. These four tips will help you save money in no time.
- Hire Reliable Employees
You spend a lot of time and money hiring employees. So why not do it right the first time? If you have to hire people every few months for the same position, you’re going to waste a lot of money.
Take your time when you’re looking for new employees. Make sure that they have the skills and training to work at your auto repair shop. Be sure to ask them:
How do they communicate with customers?
What do their past employers have to say about them?
These are all questions that you will want to ask job applicants. By getting it right the first time, you’ll save lots of money in the long run.
- Cut the Old Fashion Marketing Tactics
Direct mail, newspaper and radio advertisements are expensive. Yes, it’s important to get new customers and tell them about deals, but there are cheaper ways of doing it.
More and more people are using the internet to find out where they are going to take their car for auto repairs. You need to market your auto repair shop on the internet if you want to get these customers.
Best of all, it’s a lot cheaper to advertise on the internet. Paid search advertising, email newsletters, blog postings and social media marketing are all cost-effective options.
- Look for Inefficiencies in Your Business
Just because you’ve been doing things a certain way for the past decade, doesn’t mean it’s the best and most cost effective way.
Every year, take a look at your business and look at operational costs. You might be surprised what you find. If you notice inefficiencies look for ways to improve them.
Your employees also are a good resource. Ask them what they see as wasteful spending or inefficient operations. They can really help you save money.
- Use Technology
Computers and software are really changing the way auto repair shops operate. With auto repair shop management software, you can really cut down the time it takes to get a car in and out of your service bay.
This type of software allows you to take work orders and process inventory faster. It also allows you to manage the entire repair process from start to finish.
Repair shop management systems will save your business time and most importantly money.
Following these four tips will help you save money at your auto repair shop.
Remember to talk with your employees and business partners to get ideas on how to save money. If you’re doing this alone, you’re not going to be successful.
Saving money is a team effort.
There are no posted comments.
- Useful Tips To Know When Installing And Removing A Car Battery
- Removing Graffiti in USA Made Easier
- The Best Service Of Clear Film Removal At JLN Overspray
- Process of hiring for the remove overspray from plastic service
- 5 Steps To Take When Involved In An Accident
- What Vehicle Repairs Can You Learn to Do?
- How to make sure your car doesn’t fail its MOT
- Do You Really Need a Regular Car Service?
- Car air conditioning problems? How to fix it
- Car Service Perth Advice: Home Maintenance Can Really Help
- How Easy-Run Engine Test Stands Shine Above the Rest
- Get the Best Automotive Repair Manual for You
- Blower motor resistor replacement
- Stepper Motor replacement for Nissan Tida / Livina /Teana
- COG LCD display Replacement
- ACC Unit LCD Display For Seat Leon / Toledo
- Commercial HVAC Tips to Save You Money this Summer
- Hire the certified technician for Edison heating repair
- Pièces détachées moto – Consider 3 important types!
- Replacing Excavator Components: OEM or Aftermarket Parts?
- The Advantages of Diesel
- Tips For Finding a Great Mechanic
- The Best Way To Go About Becoming A Mercedes-Benz Mechanic
- Build your garage's reputation on the quality of your automotive lift service
- 4 Factors to Consider When Replacing Factory Exhaust Tips
- Knowing How To Replace The Fuel Filter On Your Pickup Truck
- Jaguar S Type Shifter Part malfunction
- Auto Restoration 101: Essential Tips for Used Car Restoration
- What Do You Know About Car Restoration
- How Can I Find Cheap Car Tyres?