Bearded Dragon Care for Starters
- Author Dragon Care
- Published August 30, 2011
- Word count 525
Bearded Dragons is an excellent option for reptile hobbyists who like to give pets more than just food and a place to live. Breaded dragon care is easy to take care with a little knowledge that goes long way to make sure that your pet is healthy. These lizards are best options for those who are dedicated to keep their pets healthy and happy. If cared properly bearded dragon can live up to fifteen years.
If you are already a proud owner of a bearded dragon or thinking of buying one you should always make sure you are acquainted with all the tips to take care of these little pets. The most important thing in bearded dragon care is to have the right kind of environment ready for your pet, for this you have to make sure that the cage is large enough. If you are buying a baby bearded dragon then he is definitely going to grow, so make sure the space is big enough that allow your pet to grow properly. You have to take extra care for their food requirements, for a baby bearded dragons you need to feed them with a lot of food to support their rapid growth.
In initial days feed your breaded dragon at least 2-3 times a day and watering should be done ones or twice daily. Since bearded dragons are messy creatures, you have to make sure that you clean baby dragon house regularly may be twice a day. Breaded dragon care is incomplete if their surroundings are not clean because at their young age you have to take care that they don’t catch any disease. Having proper lightening in the cage is another aspect that should be taken care of. In addition to the day-light you need to provide your bearded dragon with UVB bulb this is necessary for the production of vitamin D in their body. To be sure about the bearded dragon care you should give them with fourteen hours of bright light and the balance of the day should be taken care in the darkness.
Temperature should be maintained in your beaded dragon cage by using temperature gradient. Being cold-blooded they will keep rushing from one corner of the cage to other to keep their body temperature even. The cage should be warm enough for the breaded dragon to bask and lie in. Lack of humidity in the air can cause your dragon to shed. Breaded dragons are omnivorous that means they eat both vegetables and meat. Therefore, you should give them healthy diet to keep them healthy and strong. While feeding them, make sure the size of the food is not bigger than the space between their eyes because chances are if given too big of food it can cause them health issues. It is recommended to use paper towels for breaded dragons because it’s clean, easy to use and replace.
They are truly magnificent creatures and they require very special care. They aren’t really high maintenance just following the above guidelines will give you a fair idea of what all is involved in a bearded dragon care.
Bearded dragon care sheet and information on pet lizard, bearded dragons habitat, tank setup, food feeding, health, breeding, bearded dragon pet care tips.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Find the Best Heat Lamps
- About Crested Geckos
- Prevent Bearded Dragons Illness and Health Problems With Few Tips
- Nurture a Healthy And Happy Baby Bearded Dragon With These Simple to Follow Tips
- Understanding Your Lizards’ Social Behavior
- How should you take care of bearded dragons?
- How to Breed Corn Snakes
- A Guide to Keeping Desert Iguanas
- Bearded dragon care and feeding steps for beginners
- Diets for the Bearded Dragon
- Determining the best dog leads
- Keeping a Clean (Fish-Friendly) Home
- Should You Choose Live or Artificial Plants for Aquariums
- The Right Planted Aquarium Setup
- Tale of African Snakes
- Purchase a Bearded Dragon
- Bearded Dragon Vivarium
- Bearded Dragon Life span
- Get To Know The Albino Leopard Gecko
- Your Handy Guide To Leopard Geckos
- Meet The Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko
- The Leopard Gecko Diet
- What You Should Know When Breeding Leopard Geckos
- Snakes - Free Interesting Guide
- Breeding Leopard Geckos 101
- Get Acquainted With The Albino Leopard Gecko
- The Albino Leopard Gecko
- A Number Of Short Ideas On Caring For Reptiles
- Find Out All You Need To Know About Leopard Gecko Care