Planning a trip to Scotland
- Author Sophie Taylor
- Published March 25, 2012
- Word count 408
A small country by size compared to many countries in Europe, Scotland offers you unparallel delights with plenty of culture, a breathtaking countryside, intriguing history and heritage etc. The climate in Scotland is not as severe as other countries that are located on the same latitude due to the surrounding seas and also the Gulf Stream current. When planning a trip to Scotland you have to count on your luck when it comes to weather since there are no distinct seasonal weather patterns. From warm weather to cold rainy nights, you can expect a variation of it all.
Scotland is well renowned for its magnificent mountains and lakes and these are found mainly in the Highlands. The majority of the islands that belong to Scotland are located mainly off the west coast as well as towards the North of the country. There are frequent ferry rides to the islands if you wish to visit. The Central Belt is the most populated and where the majority of people live and work in. You have to be cautious when purchasing visitors passes to enter various attractions in Scotland since not all passes take you to all these important places that you plan on visiting including castles, stately homes etc. However there are luxurious castle hotels in Scotland that can offer you a very majestic stay that you can never forget.
Adventure and outdoor sports are also famous activities in Scotland while Golfing is one of the most famous sports in the country. If you would love to go for golfing breaks in Scotland you can simply search for golf resort Scotland and come across a list of places that will interest you. Travelling through Scotland is also not much of a hassle. There is a network of intercity buses that travel to the larger towns while bike hires are available to travel towards rural areas. Trains also have a regular service to the important towns. Car hiring is also a suitable way to travel on your own exploring the country at your own pace.
There are quite a number of restaurants that offer great food and you have to make sure that you place your order at the bar or counter if a waiter does not attend to you after sometime since this creates uneasiness among travellers. Accommodation ranges from caravans, camp sites, self-catering hostels for back packers, holiday cottages and chalets, bed and breakfasts as well as luxury hotels.
There are no posted comments.
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia
- Todos Santos, Guatemala
- A Perfect Day In Prague