6 Ailments Common to Aging Dogs, How To Treat Them
- Author Olsen Flowers
- Published November 3, 2012
- Word count 504
We know how joyful it is to have a dog; they are man’s best friend and also the great home companion and protector. From the moment of their acquisition until they perish, their unprecedented service and dedication to their owners are unquestionable. Because of this, a bond is established between the pet and the master.
When your canine companion is still young, a puppy, you already indulge in taking it to the veterinarian; you bring it to a dog clinic for preventive and ailment treatments. Some enroll their dogs in dog training centers. The dog diseases and treatments are paramount aspects of taking a pet dog under your wings. They are like humans that need to be taken care of. But when these pets age, they become susceptible to old dog illness and they develop some kind of medical condition. These illnesses can be painful even lethargic on the part of your animal friend.
There are different available veterinarians as well as different treatments and medications for dogs. These treatments are instituted for different ailments. And aging canines have 6 common diseases for old dogs namely: constipation, arthritis, potassium deficiency, seizure, congestive heart failure and Cushing disease. Let us learn about these diseases one by one starting from the 3 common afflictions, constipation, arthritis and potassium deficiency.
Dogs, like humans can be afflicted with constipation, hard stool that can be treated with a kind of powder that can be given orally or mixed in the animal’s food. This medication is the hepatikin powder, a disaccharide sugar molecule that will add liquid to the dog’s colon. As the pet gets older, it is expected that it may suffer arthritis which is treatable with a Deramaxx chewable tablet. This is a drug that is non-steroid in nature and is anti-inflammatory. This medicine aims to alleviate the animal from pains. A third ailment is the potassium deficiency which can be treated by Rena Kare, a gel, powder or tablet supplement for the dog’s potassium deficiency. This supplement will help the animal to recover strength of its nerves and muscles.
Let us now look into the other three diseases such as seizure, congestive heart failure and Cushing’s disease. A common seizure problem of the dog is the idiopathic epilepsy. This can become aggravated to result to brain tumor, kidney failure and liver ailment. Several medications can be given in conjunction with levetiracetam tablets. The heart of the canine can deteriorate which can lead to congestive heart disease. Vetmedin is one kind of tablet that is used to treat the dog afflicted with this disease. Another sickness is tumor that results from the excessive hormones produced by the animal’s adrenal cortex. Lysodren is a tablet that will reduce the production of these hormones in the animals.
A dog can have long life but as it ages, it is inevitable that it gets sick with different diseases associated with a canine’s age. There are six common diseases and medications are available as treatment of each.
There are no posted comments.
- Street Dogs in Nepal | Animal Welfare Nepal | Oxsa Nepal
- The Importance of Pet Care
- Tips on keeping your bird happy and healthy
- Why pet insurance – and why now?
- 600 million dogs
- What You Need to Know About Canine Deafness
- Pet Relocation - Tips For International Pet Moving
- Dengue Mosquitoes Best Ways To Avoid Dengue
- 5 Unique but Helpful Services for Your Pets
- To Meet Hero Dog Crate Mat
- Are you looking for a valid ESA letter? A complete guide to get an ESA.
- Facts about Best Self Cleaning Litter Box Uncovered
- Are Bird Toys Useful for Your Pet?
- Pets-ability is the Best Online Pet Supplies & Pet Medicine Store
- Cat Litter Choices
- Animals Turn to Nature for Self-Medication
- Pet Shedding/Grooming & DeShedder Tool Tips
- You Don't Want To Do This Grooming Mistakes to Your Dog
- The Truth About UV Animal Urine Detector Flashlights
- DIY Chicken Coop
- The Risk Of Neglecting Your Pets Oral Care!
- Asian Concept Aquarium Decor
- Acupuncture for Cats and Dogs
- Purchase The Greatest Dog Bowls For Your Best Friend
- Make the most comfortable home for your pet with pet beds and houses
- Safe and effective tick & flea control
- Pet Vaccination; How Much is Too Much?
- Stem Cell Nutrition For Horses and Pets
- Tips Regarding Tack Storage and Care