The Truth About UV Animal Urine Detector Flashlights
- Author Mike Grzywacz
- Published May 6, 2014
- Word count 593
When trying to find a solution to find pet urine spots in your home, it can be overwhelming. There are A LOT of products and brands to select from. However, sadly not all are made equal.
First of all there are the fluorescent tube lamps, which can provide results, however they usually require you to be so close to the stain in order to see it fluoresce that finding the stain is hard to begin with.
Luckily the new breed of LED UV flashlights makes finding urine stains much easier with a more powerful and more concentrated beam of UV light. However, good LEDs are not cheap to produce especially at the lower wavelengths which are required to make the proteins in urine spots fluoresce efficiently.
You will see that a lot of UV LED Flashlights being offered under the $20 price tag which are marketed as urine detectors, however on closer inspection you'll often discover that they do not discuss the UV wavelength (a value in nanometers or "nm") since it's at the wrong end of the spectrum closer to actual visible light (about 390-400nm). This wavelength range can make some spots fluoresce, however it's not proficient at it and often overwhelms the already limited stain fluorescence with bright purple visible light. Not useful at all when searching for urine spots around your house - so be sure to watch out for the true wavelength output.
The manufacturers of these UV Flashlights sometimes make use of gimmicks such as a large amount of LEDS (in some cases as much as 51 LEDs!) as marketing techniques to make the flashlight sound powerful and as though it will output a really strong UV beam. Well, with that many LEDs shining away it will definitely be bright, however unfortunately this is not going to help if it is with the cheaper 390-400nm LEDs; the larger quantity simply compounds the difficulty these wavelength LEDs have in the first place because a larger quantity of visible light is output if more LEDs are added.
So exactly what's the solution?
Utilizing LEDs that output a lower UV wavelength of 365-370nm is the trick. The drawback here is they are FAR more costly to manufacturer and so you will be hard pushed to discover a good UV Flashlight containing these lower wavelength LEDs under $30 not to mention $20!
There are professional level UV flashlights used in forensic science and various other professional areas, however these range in the $200+ price bracket - well above the budget plan for the average animal owner who just wants to find some animal spots in their house.
The best way is to look for a solid UV flashlight with 365-370nm which contains the right amount of LEDs - just enough to do the job well yet not too many that the cost ends up being to expensive. UV flashlights such as this are bizarrely hard to find, and is why the "PeeDar" was made; to fill this gap with a trustworthy well considered solution which doesn't break the bank.
A flashlight like this will have to be used in the dark - no lights on and after sundown, however it will work really effectively and will rescue you from wasting an awful lot of money and stress from either purchasing a super costly professional UV flashlight or from trying one cheap UV flashlight after another hoping to obtain decent results each time.
We hope this post assists you on your journey to successfully finding and eliminating those pet urine spots in your home!
Mike Grzywacz is a co-founder at Urine Eradication Systems. UES have created the PeeDar, a UV flashlight specifically made for pet urine detection around the home. Find out more at UrineEradicationSystems.com today.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Unleash Your Dog’s Potential: Effective Techniques for Improving Communication and Obedience
- The Illusion of CSR Training Is Finally Reality - BUILDING A PROFESSIONAL CAREER PATH FOR CSRs
- The Diet of a Dog Affects Dental Health
- Do Pets at Home Remove Ticks? What You Should Know About Pet Tick Removal
- The Importance of Cat Furniture Accessories for Your Feline Friend
- Top 6 Pet Products You Need for Your Sweet, Furry Friend
- A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW TO USE PET GROOMING GLOVES PROPERLY!
- Dogs and Cats Compared
- Blog posts 5 Useful Tips on How to Clean Fish Poop in Tank
- The Importance Of Spending The Extra Cash On A Larger Rabbit Hutch
- Street Dogs in Nepal | Animal Welfare Nepal | Oxsa Nepal
- The Importance of Pet Care
- Tips on keeping your bird happy and healthy
- Why pet insurance – and why now?
- 600 million dogs
- What You Need to Know About Canine Deafness
- Pet Relocation - Tips For International Pet Moving
- Dengue Mosquitoes Best Ways To Avoid Dengue
- 5 Unique but Helpful Services for Your Pets
- To Meet Hero Dog Crate Mat
- Are you looking for a valid ESA letter? A complete guide to get an ESA.
- Facts about Best Self Cleaning Litter Box Uncovered
- Are Bird Toys Useful for Your Pet?
- Pets-ability is the Best Online Pet Supplies & Pet Medicine Store
- Cat Litter Choices
- Animals Turn to Nature for Self-Medication
- Pet Shedding/Grooming & DeShedder Tool Tips
- You Don't Want To Do This Grooming Mistakes to Your Dog
- DIY Chicken Coop