7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- Author Holly Chantal
- Published September 13, 2014
- Word count 556
Building your subscriber list can seem like a daunting task and it never seems to grow fast enough. Many coaches try to find short cuts and ways to get a few subscribers under their belt right off the bat to give them momentum. What they don't know is that by cutting corners, they end up paying more for dead leads and sometimes even drive potential prospects away.
Are you committing any of these list building follies?
• You turn off your double opt in option and add everyone you know to your list.
• You send an announcement email to your current customers or friends letting them know that you've added them to your newsletter and that they can opt out if they want to.
• You collect business cards from people you meet, and add them to your list so that they can learn more about what you do.
• You surf around the internet and find groups where your target market hang out, and add their email addresses to your list because you know they need what you have to offer.
While all of these things may seem like a super easy and fast way to build your list, they can completely sabotage your efforts, and annoy your potential prospects.
Here are some reasons why you shouldn't cut corners when building your list, and why double opt in is the way to go!
You pay for numbers
With most list management services your fee is based on the number of subscribers that you have. So for you, it's better to have 100 people that have signed up and have interest in what you have to say, than 1000 people that don't remember who you are and so don't open up your emails.
You get more quality leads
By using a double opt in system your end up with more quality leads because the person has to open your email in order to confirm their subscription. So they are already expecting to hear from you, and show that they are interested because they click on your link.
It's easier to switch providers
There always comes a time in a coaches career where they decide to go with a different list management service, and then they hesitate because they don't want to lose their list by making them have to opt in again. When you have a list that has double opted in, most services have ways to transfer your list seamlessly without your subscribers even knowing or having to re-opt in.
Those are three great reasons why double opt in will serve you better in the long run. If you are concerned or are hearing that people aren't realizing that they have to confirm their subscription then that may be the way your confirmation email is structured. Make sure you write something like "Action Required" in the subject line, and make sure that the email is very clear that they need to click the link in order to continue to get communication from you.
Your list can be one of your most valuable assets for selling your coaching products, creating joint venture partnerships, and building a lasting relationship with your prospects. Don't muss it up by committing one of these list building follies. Take your time and do it the right way, it will serve you better in the long run.
Holly Chantal is the founder of The Land of Brand, a website design and branding company for coaches and solopreneurs. Go to http://www.thelandofbrand.com and download a free video training on how to use your personality to create a unique brand - because your mom was right when she said you were special.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client