6 Things Included in Network Assessment
Computers & Technology → Networking
- Author Siamak Behbahani
- Published August 23, 2018
- Word count 521
Every organization undertakes a network assessment at some stage of the organizational cycle.
Whether it is at the beginning of the business to assess network needs or after major transitions in businesses processes to ensure that network is in accordance to the latest policies and procedures, a network assessment is a mandatory part of the today’s digital and hybrid businesses.
Not only a network assessment provides an overview of the current state of the network, but it sets the tone for your future network capabilities.
It is also important to note that network assessment is not the same for every organization.
Just like network infrastructure is different in every organization depending on the requirements, scope, and size, the network assessment is also different for every organization tied to its larger connectivity goals.
However, every network assessment must include the following six things to be complete and cater the network assessment goals.
1-Test Network Inventory
A network assessment is incomplete without the network inventory.
A network inventory indicates the devices that are running on the network. It includes everything from routers, laptops, desktops, VOIP phones to smartphones.
Every device that is connected to the network becomes its part. So, testing the network inventory is important to identify all devices and list them.
2- Analysis of Network Inventory
Network assessment is not over with preparing the network inventory. In fact, network assessment also includes analysis of network inventory.
The network assessment services analyze and test all the devices and software to ensure that these are running properly without interruptions.
It examines the out of order and broken devices and checks software for outdated versions. The analysis helps to find out the problems in the network and the devices that are responsible to cause those problems.
Most of the network assessments are initiated due to performance issues.
If there are a lot of technical glitches or if you have been facing downtime frequently, the performance review becomes necessary.
A performance review is an essential part of network assessment and it sheds light on the network problems related to capacity and management.
For example, performance review helps in identifying bottlenecks in the network that slow down connectivity.
It can also identify the issues in capacity, for example, weak signals, signals dropping due to the placement of router and many others.
4- Review of Network Infrastructure
Another important part of the network assessment is the review of network infrastructure.
When you ask for the services of a network assessment company, you should ask them to review the network infrastructure.
Examining and analyzing the overall network infrastructure helps to pinpoint the fault and eliminate points of a fault such as signal failures.
Therefore, network infrastructure review plays a crucial role in streamlining the network.
5- Review Security
Security is one of the major concerns for every organization. Therefore, the network assessment plays a significant role in ensuring that the network security is up to the mark.
It identifies gaps in security and risk management such as outdated firewall, obsolete network policies etc. It helps to address security loopholes and keep all the data secure.
Siamak Behbahani,Network Infrastructure & Security Specialists,Network Assessment Services in San Francisco.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Fix "No Signal, Please Check Your Antenna Connection" Error
- AN INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET MARKETING
- Passwordless is the New Cyber Security, Emir Ceric’s Meveto Transform Verification, Logging In and Remote Sign Out
- The Ultimate Guide to Master YouTube and Monetization
- Preventing data theft in an enterprise environment
- The Art Of Cold Calling [Mastery In Seven Simple Steps]
- Quantum Computing and the future of IT Security
- 5G TECHNOLOGY AND IOT: HOW DO THESE TRENDS RELATE?
- SkyVPN Launches New Gaming Servers with Dedicated Servers for PUBG
- Smm reseller panel
- Steps to Transfer Files Using Kindle Desktop Application
- Save time on your FTP updates with FTPGetter Professional
- Add a file hosting and sharing service to your site with YetiShare
- MCS Multicast Switch for Next Generation ROADM
- Business Networking Tips for Beginners
- Using Virtual Serial Ports in Proteus
- Network Security Checklist for All Types of Businesses
- Create Your Own File-Hosting Website with YetiShare
- Cat5 cable vs Cat6 Cables: What are the Contrast?
- Automate FTP Downloads and Uploads with FTPGetter Professional
- On Demand Freelance Marketplace For Field Engineers
- Cisco Network Infrastructure Services in San Francisco
- VMware vSAN, why we use it
- Advantages and Disadvantages of hiring this professional companies
- Modern Office Design Builds Bonding And Branding
- Free Tools, Excel Hacks, and Inside Tips for Twitter Marketing
- Virtual Private Networks
- 5 Tips To Monitor Users On Instagram Brands And Blogs Should Know About
- Fiber Optics and its advantages for Commercial use