Testosterone improves sexual desire and erectile function in type 2 diabetes.
- Author Phil Castellano
- Published October 11, 2018
- Word count 326
Type 2 Diabetic (T2D) men are three times more likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction than men without diabetes. Erectile dysfunction is often seen associated with low testosterone (Hypogonadism). Hypogonadism is defined as having low testosterone levels along with sexual symptoms. As a physician who treats erectile dysfunction (ED), I have seen more and more diabetics come in for this exact issue.
It’s known that Testosterone replacement (TRT) can significantly improve sexual function in men without diabetes. Diabetic men had previously shown some improvements in sexual desire, but poor improvement in erectile function. A recent study in the Journal Andrology looked at the effect of TRT on sexual desire and erectile function in men with mild and severe hypogonadism. It also looked at duration of treatment and benefits of TRT at 6, 18, and 30 weeks for comparison.
Results showed that in T2D men with mild hypogonadism, 36-39.6% had improvement in sexual desire at 6-30 weeks. Improvement in sexual function was also 40-39.6% at 6-30 weeks. The interesting thing was that T2D men with the lowest initial testosterone levels showed the greatest response to TRT. Improvement in sexual desire increased to 60% at 6 weeks and 74% at 30 weeks. Erectile function improved to 36.7% at 6 weeks and increased to 63% at 30 weeks.
This study showed that improvements in erectile function may take longer than we previously considered. Prior to this I used to tell my patients that based on my clinical experience, erectile function could take up to 6 months to improve. Now I know that it’s closer to 8 months of therapy before TRT can demonstrate a benefit at the tissue level for most patients. Improvements in erectile function takes longer because the changes that testosterone must provide have to occur at the tissue level. This is essential information to know in that most men may become frustrated and quit therapy before TRT has a chance to improve erectile function. The more we know, the better we can treat our patients.
Dr. Phillip Castellano, received his medical degree from University of California, Irvine College of Medicine and is a diplomate of the American Board of Family Medicine. Dr. Castellano has over 20 years of clinical experience treating hormone deficiencies and helping his patients look and feel better while performing at their best. https://www.castellanomd.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple and Successful Methods to Overcome Erectile Dysfunction
- Sex love and hard times
- Discover How Losing Weight Helps Improve Your Sex Life
- Here’s why you need to get a tantric massage
- Exercises that Stimulate Libido and Boost Sex Drive
- Love: 7 golden rules to keep your relationship going
- The major causes of yeast infections
- Why Paid Companions Make for the Ideal Adult Entertainment?
- Discover True Indulgence with Tantric Massages in Bayswater
- Is it mandatory to avoid sexual intimacy during and after medical abortion?
- Why Try a Tantric Massage in London?
- Birmingham Dolls - Central Hub of GFE Companionship
- What can you expect during a couples massage?
- Enter the World of Kink by Knowing What is BDSM
- Top 5 home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor without side effects
- Reasons to get a tantric massage
- Tantra Massage - Why are People Crazy about This Therapy?
- Things You Should Not Do During a Four Hand Massage
- Tadalista Super Active
- How Can You Improve Your Sensual Massage Experience?
- How To Maintain Your Sex Drive As You Get Older
- All You Need to Know About Tie and Tease Massage
- Control Premature Ejaculation through Tantric Massage
- Treatment for Impotence – Helping Men Regain Their Confidence
- Get a Fantasy Massage and Bring to Life Your Wet Dreams
- Prostate Massage: Advantages and How is it Milked
- Are you Single? Utilise this Time with a Hot Mistress!
- Erotic Massages: an Effective Way to Relax and Stay Calm
- 6 Unexpected Reasons That Cause Erectile Dysfunction