How Is Your Self-Discipline?
- Author Emma Viglucci
- Published June 19, 2019
- Word count 781
Sometimes we forget, or give up on, what we want to do… Sometimes we get side tracked or distracted and can’t seem to get traction… Sometimes we are afraid to follow are dreams… We believe we don’t have what it takes, and thus hold ourselves back. Can you remember a time in your life when any of these happened for you.
Part of the reason this happens is because we don’t have enough personal ownership and self-Discipline. Because I knew I was getting ready to be ready (LOL) for this big project, I chose the Focus Term™ Discipline for myself when I was doing my year-end Strategizing… Eh?
This has been my mantra since the beginning of the year when it comes to the Areas I’m addressing this year and the goals I’m working towards. I’m already a pretty disciplined person, but I’d like to improve this further. I knew getting to the place to be able to fit in this big project would require Discipline, and it will require tons more once it gets on its way. Whee!
What is the value of Discipline? Discipline is one of the most important attributes of successful people. If you do a-day-in-the-life of anyone who we consider super successful you will find loads of discipline in their lifestyle and approach to life.
Discipline means to train, teach… Discipline has to do with being the trainer, master, of your mind, your emotions, your body, your environment, your life. Discipline shows up in the habits and routines you create for yourself. In the systems and structures you put in place to support you in achieving your goals when pursuing your dreams.
Discipline comes from our Father figure growing up… Just like Nurturing comes from our Mother figure growing up… [Not a sexist, nor discrete concept, but an observation on male/female energy influence and impact on our psyche…]
The structure and discipline imparted by the male-energy figure in our early life provided stability, security, and safety. When they were absent, unhealthy or a less-than-perfect parental figure they were not able to provide this to the extent that we needed it. Which left us fending for ourselves and creating defense mechanisms to feel safe… See what this means?
This means that if we don’t intentionally Train ourselves to create the life we want, that we will create our life by default. Riddled with unfinished business, dissatisfying repeating patterns, defenses, unhealthy habits, and self-sabotage! Without Discipline our energy is scattered and unfocused, not targeted. This is not how we create the life we want. This is not living to our full potential. This is not how we were meant to have our Human Experience. We were meant to come Win at the Game of Life on earth.
So, what say you? Ready for adding some more Discipline into your life??
Assignment: Choose a life area where you’d like to make a significant improvement or change in your life. Where being more Disciplined can pay huge dividends. You might want to tie this to your Summer Project or Theme, or to your yearly goals (more on this on the next issue!). You might want to do a power-combo with your own Focus Term™, such as with accountability, boundaries, ownership, transparent, present, compassionate, grateful, partnership, intimacy, romance, and such…
As you continue your reprogramming, reparenting yourself, by giving yourself what you didn’t get growing up, you are healing and evolving. Embrace it and be witness to your Transformation…
Complete the Assignment, and share your takeaway, insights, and results with a note in the Comments box at the end! I’d love to hear how you are using this content.
P.S. If you need more support creating your successful and meaningful life, we are here to help. I’d be honored to speak with you about how we can help you. Schedule a Get Acquainted Call to connect, and discuss how we can help you and how to get started. Look forward to Connecting with you!
~ Some Related Issues
How to reprogram yourself
Are you being negative?
Are you your own worst enemy?
How you perpetuate your stuckness
How to manage negative feelings
Use your feelings to your advantage
Caring is not just for mothers
What about compassion?
~ Get the Snap Takeaways™ for this blog (Stay Tuned)
~ Share Your Thoughts & Successes in the comment box at the end!
Take a moment now to share below any thoughts, comments, take away, tips, and successes! PLEASE post a comment now – we grow in community!
Thanks for connecting with the MetroRelationship™ Family!
Copyright (c) 2019 Emma K. Viglucci. All rights reserved.
Emma K. Viglucci, LMFT has been in the mental health field in varying capacities for the past 20+ years. She is the Founder and Director of MetroRelationship.com a psychotherapy and coaching practice specializing in working with busy professional and entrepreneurial couples who are struggling getting on the same page and feeling connected.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Choose Righteous Friends
- HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK: PROVEN METHODS AND TIPS
- A Systematic Antidote to "Greed" in American Culture!
- IT'S OKAY TO BE SINGLE
- The Commodification of the Idea of Love
- My Magical Text Message
- Create a picture with words to celebrate your friendiversary
- HAVING POST TRAUMA GROWTH?
- HOW TO MANAGE THE FATIGUE
- Issues Related to Extracurricular Activities when Dealing with Child Support
- Important Questions to Discuss With Your Family Law Attorney
- Uncontested Divorce in Texas
- Start A New Relationship, With Your Partner
- Love Horoscope 2020
- Dating In Your Current Relationship?
- How To Get To The Best From Your Partner
- The Time Of Your Life ...
- How to Express Your Emotions
- Kinds of People You meet on Social Media Groups
- FetishSites.net reviewed top 5 fetish websites for dating - Make your fetish fantasy come true
- How to Break-Up With Your Partner When You Live Together
- Where to Find White Women Looking For Black Men
- 3 Little-Known Reasons Why Some People Cheat In Relationships
- How a traditional wedding is done in Sri Lanka
- Love is in The Air! How to Express True Love Romantically and Creatively
- How To Get Your Ex Back If They Are Seeing Someone Else
- Marriage Partners for Single Muslim Ladies Written by: Princess Salma
- The Biggest #1 Secret To Attracting Women
- Moving Mountains Is Not Necessary - It Takes Only One Trick to Win Her Back