3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Author Emma Viglucci
- Published October 21, 2019
- Word count 822
We are at after the initial hustle and bustle of getting to back2school/business, and the accompanying anxiety, stress and overwhelm. We are at a time where the new routine starts to feel like second nature and can get into the groove. Where the energy of the season is inspiring, and productivity comes with ease… Where we can more heartily play with our Autumn Bucket List! Here is one to inspire yours.
And, here are 10 Autumn Couple Date Ideas to consider:
Cook Autumn Inspired Healthy Recipes
Go on a haunted hay ride or haunted house tour
Have a scary movies binge day
Take a hike when the leaves are turning colors, include a picnic
Take an outdoors yoga class or painting class
Go apple picking and make caramel apples
Plant bulbs for next Spring (even if in a window box or flower pot)
Plan an alfresco dinner when there is a full moon
Host a bonfire or an outdoor movie night
Volunteer to clean up parks or in any way that touches your hearts (New York Cares, Jersey Cares)
As I’ve been talking about Habit building as a tactic for creating your Meaningful Life and Successful Relationship(s), I want to clarify that not all habits are for being more productive and achieving goals… I’ve written before about Intentional Habits™ and Connection Habits™… These are a great set to integrate into our approach to life and relationship(s).
Focusing on how to better nurture our relationship with those important to us is a great investment in living our life to the fullest. This is where we give and receive love. This is where we belong. This is how we show others they are important to us. This is how we make others feel special. This is how we show appreciation. This is where we get replenished. This is where we create meaning. This is where we make the most impact…
In our humanity we are meant to be relational… At the end of our life it’s not the accumulation of material things that’d matter, but the accumulation of lovely memories and positive impact we’ve made…
Implementing Connection Habits™ into our life is a matter of 1) owning this is something important to us in the first place. 2) Then committing to making sure we nature the important relationships in our life. 3) And, finally creating a system for doing so.
It is very easy to lose track of time and forget to check-in and -on our loved ones. It is very easy to get sidetracked and not keep promises, not follow-up, not do anything loving or nurturing, or not invest an iota into build intimacy. It is very easy to be downright neglectful of the ones we love!
So, if creating amazing relationships with those you care about matters to you, commit right now to make a concerted effort to invest in nurturing those relationships. And, envision how it’d feel to be Connected. What it might look like. What the experience would be.
The next step is to create a system to make this seamless. Design a protocol, routine, schedule and such to integrate actions into your lifestyle that would nurture the relationship with your loved one. Incorporate rituals and traditions that speak to all involved. Make these simple, concrete and fitting to your life so they easily become Habits, Connection Habits™…
Assignment: Choose a relationship you’d like to Nurture more. Commit to investing in showering it with more love. Decide on 3 behaviors (Concrete, Doable, Recurring) you’ll implement immediately to step up the nurturing of that relationship. Bring your authentic/higher self to the nurturing and do the behaviors with gusto!
We are meant to be in Connection, without it we actually don’t have Successful lives… Creating meaningful connection doesn’t have to be hard, it just takes desire, commitment and intentionality. It’s not about being constantly surrounded by people… It’s about Connecting with those around us, and especially the ones we care about…
Complete the Assignment, and share your takeaway, insights, and results with a note in the Comments box at the end! I’d love to hear how you are using this content.
P.S. We are here for you!
If you need more support to creating your successful and meaningful life, we are here to help. I’d be honored to speak with you about how we can help you. Schedule a Get Acquainted Call to connect, and discuss how we can help you and how to get started. Look forward to Connecting with you!
P.S.S. Share Your Thoughts & Successes in the comment box at the end!
Take a moment now to share below any thoughts, comments, take away, tips, and successes! PLEASE post a comment now – we grow in community! Thanks for connecting with the MetroRelationship™ Family!
Copyright (c) 2019 Emma K. Viglucci. All rights reserved.
Emma K. Viglucci, LMFT has been in the mental health field in varying capacities for the past 20+ years. She is the Founder and Director of MetroRelationship.com a psychotherapy and coaching practice specializing in working with busy professional and entrepreneurial couples who are struggling getting on the same page and feeling connected.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 7 Daily Choices That Make Up 95% of Your Success in Life
- The Best Books Written By Dr.Mani
- Coexilia: Embracing Unity for a Harmonious Future
- Grief is Ghetto
- 17 Fun & Simple ways to find your Inner Peace
- Please Stay 6 Feet Apart: Navigating Emotional Growth in a Post – COVID Society
- Everything Happens For A Reason Part 1
- First Day of Middle School
- Need a Mood Boost? Here’s How Smiling Can Help!
- Get rid of the "If only" mindset
- Happiness is a Dynamic Tool to Increase Productivity in The Workplace
- Change your Day--Change your Life
- The Search for Meaning
- “Happiness Hormones” – The reasons why it is so hard to achieve happiness by utilizing them
- The Secret to Happy Life
- The Strangest Thing Men Desire. (And how it can make him crazy for you.)
- Most 3 Things Men Do Want
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level