I Am The Sea, And Nobody Owns Me
- Author Iqra Sarfraz
- Published August 21, 2023
- Word count 624
Feminism unequivocally champions the pursuit of equal rights and opportunities for all genders. It stands tall as an unwavering force for empowering women to fully recognize their inherent rights and unleash their boundless potential. This powerful movement, whose roots trace back to the late 18th century, encompasses a wide array of socio-political movements and ideologies aimed at fostering comprehensive gender equality across governmental, economic, and personal realms.
Feminism is a powerful movement dedicated to eradicating the inequalities that women encounter in their daily lives. Contrary to popular belief, feminism is not about criticizing men. In fact, feminism strives for true equality, rejecting all forms of sexism and bias based on gender. With unwavering determination, feminists fight for a world where everyone’s rights, views and opportunities are valued and respected, regardless of their gender.
Feminism supports the equal opportunities that women deserve in every sphere of social and political life. It strives to dismantle the pervasive sexism that pervades our world, ensuring that women are empowered and elevated to the same level as their male counterparts. By improving global educational conditions for women, challenging gender stereotypes, advocating for equal pay, and eradicating harmful practices like child marriage and Female Genital Mutilation, feminism is at the forefront of progress and social justice.
In the late 18th century, feminist movements such as the right to vote, run for public office, own property, have equal rights within marriage, and enter contracts were prevalent in Europe. Modern-day feminism movements include access to contraception and legal abortions to protect girls and women from domestic violence, sexual harassment, and rape.
International Women’s Day is a globally recognized event observed on March 8th. It originated in 1911 across Austria, Denmark, Germany, and Switzerland, where millions of women and men came together to demand voting rights, equal pay, and an end to discrimination in the workplace and beyond. This significant day serves as a reminder of the ongoing struggle for gender equality and celebrates the remarkable achievements of women throughout history.
In 1920, Egypt boldly paved the way for progress by launching the inaugural campaign against Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). Spearheaded by the Egyptian Society of Physicians, this groundbreaking movement bravely challenged the prevailing tradition, shedding light on the detrimental health consequences associated with this harmful procedure. Shockingly, despite FGM being unequivocally classified as a form of violence in the late 20th century, it continues to affect around 200 million females worldwide today. However, the fight against this practice remains steadfast, as courageous individuals and organizations strive for its eradication.
The 1970s consisted of the first women’s year, the first UN decade for women, and the first world conference on women in Mexico, which escalated global discourse on women’s rights. Also known as the “Women’s Bill of Rights”, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) is the broadest international instrument to protect the rights of women and is the second most authorized UN human rights treaty.
Social norms and standards play a pivotal role in setting benchmarks for the international community to follow and for countries to implement with utmost determination. The late 20th Century witnessed remarkable milestones in the form of landmark treaties and norm-setting outcomes that have caused profound transformations in the lives of countless women, transcending the barriers of race, religion, caste, or creed.
Feminist movements and ideologies have developed over the years, representing the viewpoints and political aims of all women, including those of minorities and indigenous women. However, abolishing a mindset that has prevailed for centuries will not be an easy task, and this battle is sure to be long-lasting. So, it is important now more than ever for women across the globe to unite and fight against this discrimination.
Hi! I am a student writing this article in order to spread awareness about Sustainable Development Goal 5- Gender Equality. Women are constantly being oppressed in this world, whether it is at their homes, workplace, or in public. Due to this, many women are not able to showcase their talents.
I am writing this blog in hopes that those reading it will understand the repression women face and do their part in making this world a safer place for women to thrive in.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Unleashing Career and Leadership Potentials in Women
- Empowering Women Through Political Representation
- The Importance of Girl-Child Education
- My Vagina is Broken
- Earn £60 an hour as an online Advice Columnist
- Living with Cerebral Palsy
- The Attack of Womanhood
- The Raping Priest: How Nuns Voices Have Been Overshadowed by the Catholic Church.
- A letter to Women
- Leering at women is self destruction for us!
- Why are Women More Likely to Get TMJ Problems Than Men?
- The Effects of Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Physician states case against abortion [letter to the editor]
- Mother's Day was intended for a Day of International Peace
- The hard truth behind this world people see as: “a dream.” (Women)
- What can people do in the face of sexual assault?
- Sexual assault. Repression, unequal treatment, what do women experience throughout their lives? Inequality
- Sexism in advertising media
- Rape is a weapon used to assert caste dominance and keep women “in their place”
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- Pregnancy: Expectation vs Reality
- How to Lighten Skin for African American
- The Creation of a Equilibrium Japan
- Solution to yeast infection in women
- Gender Role in Starving Career Choice among Women
- Natural Ways Of Dealing With Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Fast And Easy Hairdos For The Career Woman
- Natural Methods Of Reducing Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Miracle Book Reviews