How to Relax After Work
- Author Neil Becker
- Published August 4, 2010
- Word count 354
It can be a challenge to wind down from a hard day at work. Without realizing it you can be rushing around your home as if you are still at the office and every task has to be done yesterday. You need to notice when this is happening and take some steps to relax.
First make sure that you change out of your work clothes when you get home, maybe even have a shower. When you get dressed for work in the morning you also put yourself in the working frame of mind, changing into more comfortable clothing will help you change your frame of mind.
Put on some relaxing music. Studies have shown that our heart rates match the music that we are listening to. Choosing relaxing music to listen to will slow down your heart rate after only a few minutes.
Breathe in a more relaxed manner. Make sure you are breathing with your diaphragm so that your stomach moves in and out as you are breathing. If you can, sit or lie down somewhere and take a deep breath in. Hold it for 3 seconds, then breathe out for 3 to 6 seconds. This will slow down your rate of breathing.
Do stretches, release tension from your body by stretching all the muscles in your body, especially in your neck, back and shoulders where we keep a lot of tension. If you can, get someone to massage you in order to release all the stress. Light a candle or some incense. Activating senses that you haven't used throughout the day will interrupt your thought patterns and get you thinking about other things besides work.
Do some light exercise such as yoga, pilates or other body weight exercises. You'll release stress and tire yourself out putting your body in it's automatic relaxation mode.
Slow down your thinking. You might not realize it but your mind will be racing after a hard days work. Sit or lie down somewhere quiet and repeat a short mantra to yourself, maybe something like 'I am relaxing'. Say it to yourself every few second in a calm and relaxed voice.
The relax within minutes download the following MP3: Mindful Relaxation MethodArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!
- Are Your Friends There When You Need Them?
- How to defeat stress.
- How to Change an Unhealthy Behavior that Seems to be a Solution to a Problem
- Tips on How to Avoid Getting Stressed at Christmas
- Managing Your Papers: Inbox, Outbox, and Everything In Between
- Concrete Ideas on How to Cope With Stress
- How To Cope With Pressure At Work
- Stopping Panic Attacks Naturally
- Creating a Peaceful Place – Simple Stress Reducing Technique
- How To Hang In There Mentally When You Have Money Worries
- Work Life Amalgamation
- How to Live Stress-Free and Happy
- Job Stress and Your Health
- Why Should I Care About Stress?