6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Author George Patt
- Published July 20, 2018
- Word count 769
Stress is an awful experience that not so many people want to experience, especially if you are at work, at home taking care of your baby or in your bedroom making some projects while preparing for an upcoming major exam. While stress is inevitable, the good news is it is completely manageable.
There are different ways you can do to combat stress. Even if you consider yourself as the busiest person in your workplace, school, or home, it is still possible to come out feeling relaxed and focused despite of the grind around you.
Learn how others are doing it and take note of these tips:
Meditation can help you be relieved from stress by targeting your mind. Whether you believe it or not, your mind and everything that’s inside of it (whatever it is), can bring about stress to your life. When unresolved for a long time, it can affect all other areas such as your body, your emotions, and even your social life.
Most commonly people experience mental stress and one of the ways to combat this is through meditation. Meditation works by easing the anxiety on your mind. It can be done for just a few minutes daily and you can do it anytime during the day.
If you are prone to getting stressed easily, what better way to combat this than by doing various relaxation techniques?
Some of the relaxation techniques you can learn and apply are yoga, deep breathing exercise, and meditation rhythmic exercise.
By doing these techniques, you allow the body to elicit its own natural relaxation response. This will lead to a more peaceful and calm feeling. You would be able to finish the day with a better attitude, and you will surely love that!
Have someone to talk to
Stress can get into your nerves easily and when that happens, it will start to affect your performances daily. Don’t let it get the best of you. Begin by disclosing how you feel to someone you can trust. That person could be your best friend, a relative, or a professional counselor.
It actually helps a lot if you make it a habit to share your thoughts and feelings to someone rather than keeping all inside until they accumulate and bring about negative effects to your health and daily activities.
Have a body massage
Body massage is one of the proven ways to get relief from stress. Recommended by doctors and other health professionals, body massage ease the anxiety in your mind and relaxes the muscles in your body.
It gives you a calm and relaxing feeling as the masseur’s hands glide swiftly through your back, head, extremities, and thighs. Professional masseurs use various massaging techniques for various conditions.
At the end of the day, when you are feeling so stressed out from work, school, home, or some activities that you did during the day, consider getting yourself a good body massage and you’ll surely come out feeling rejuvenated.
Go for an adventure
From time to time, it pays a lot if you take a break from what you are doing. Especially if it has been causing you a lot of stress lately, one of the things you can do to be relieved from it is by going for an adventure.
The most common form is by taking a trip either alone or with friends and loved ones. Renew your mind by breaking the daily grind and discover new things at a different pace. As you enjoy the adventure, you get to have more peace of mind and have more time to think about other things.
Aside from that, going for an adventure is one way to treat oneself after days of toiling hard for work. It is actually getting more personal space that one would have not possibly experience if done otherwise.
Manage your time well
While going for an adventure will give you lots of benefits, not everyone will have the luxury of time to always do it.
If that was the case, you can still be relieved from stress by managing your time well every single day. This means you allocate your time wisely and effectively. Have time to do your tasks while setting aside ample time for rest and relaxation.
Avoid the Mañana Habit so that you can always accomplish tasks on time. Don’t spread yourself too thin.
Many health professionals would agree that stress can be the root cause of all major health problems. Don’t let that ever happen to you. Manage stress well while you still can.
I am George Patt, passionate writer, photographer, traveler and technology addicted. Proud dad of three awesome boys.
Your feedback is valuable. I am open to ideas, so if you want to write me about a specific topic, connect through my blog https://uncoveredsecret.com/https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Let Purpose Get You Off the Hamster Wheel
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- How to perform international calls in English without stress?
- My “Worry” Epiphany
- Which Hurts ... Sticks, Stones, or Words?
- Love them or hate them, exams are part of school life - let's sort out the stress involved.
- Play Fully
- Stress Management?
- Bruxism: What It Is & How to Tell If You Have It
- Can Stress Hurt Your Teeth and Jaw?
- Chase Your Brain! - A quick tip on revision procrastination
- The Inevitability of Change
- Why Do Some People Get Angry Easily Than Others?
- What Are Stress Tablets and Why You Need Them
- Stress from COVID is making male hair loss worse - it’s time to do something about it.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?