Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- Author June Stepansky
- Published June 2, 2023
- Word count 455
Modern living can be very challenging for many people. Unfortunately, there is a crisis in mental health today in our country that is affecting all of our lives and killing our children. Mentally ill people and people whose lives are filled with hate are committing violence and mass murders in this country at an alarming rate. We, voters, are also to blame for this epidemic by not voting for legislators who are willing to solve these problems and who are allowing easy access to automatic weapons and limiting access to available mental health care help--a deadly combination. Good mental health for ourselves, our families, and our country is imperative for a safe and well-functioning community. The time to take action on mental health is now.
Here are some ways to build good mental health for us and our families.
Positive self-image: Good mental health is associated with having a positive self-image and accepting oneself. It means you feel good about yourself, confident in your abilities, and have high self-esteem.
Resilience: Resilience is the ability to bounce back from setbacks and cope with challenging situations. It means you can adapt to change, overcome obstacles, and maintain a positive outlook, even when faced with difficulties.
Good relationships: Positive and supportive relationships with loved ones, friends, and colleagues are a key component of good mental health. These relationships provide a sense of belonging, help us to feel connected to others, and provide support and encouragement during tough times.
Ability to manage stress: Good mental health is associated with the ability to manage stress effectively. This means that you can identify and cope with stressful situations without becoming overwhelmed or taking on too much.
Positive coping mechanisms: Good mental health is associated with having positive coping mechanisms such as regular exercise, meditation, healthy eating, and time spent in nature and just anything that we enjoy doing. These activities can help reduce stress and promote positive mental health.
Balanced lifestyle: Achieving balance in your life is important for good mental health. This means maintaining a healthy work-life balance, making time for hobbies and interests, and getting enough sleep each night.
Seeking help: Good mental health means recognizing when you need help and seeking support when needed. This can involve talking to a trusted friend, family member, or professional counselor.
Although these steps toward good mental health seem so easy to achieve when they are listed, they are actually much harder for human beings to achieve in actuality. It takes introspection, careful thought and good planning, and even the help of a therapist to assist us in achieving these desirable goals, but the happier lives which can result for ourselves, and our families are well worth all of our challenging efforts.
June Stepansky is a published writer and poet who writes books and articles about happiness, self-improvement, and social and political issues. Her poetry has been published in the literary magazine Vol No 21 Childhood and in Vol No 22. Poems that Need to be Explained.
A Different Voice— free self-help book
Kaleidoscope— free poetry bookArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Let Purpose Get You Off the Hamster Wheel
- How to perform international calls in English without stress?
- My “Worry” Epiphany
- Which Hurts ... Sticks, Stones, or Words?
- Love them or hate them, exams are part of school life - let's sort out the stress involved.
- Play Fully
- Stress Management?
- Bruxism: What It Is & How to Tell If You Have It
- Can Stress Hurt Your Teeth and Jaw?
- Chase Your Brain! - A quick tip on revision procrastination
- The Inevitability of Change
- Why Do Some People Get Angry Easily Than Others?
- What Are Stress Tablets and Why You Need Them
- Stress from COVID is making male hair loss worse - it’s time to do something about it.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?