Specialized Service for Families Email Marketing Strategy
- Author Scott Bradley
- Published January 22, 2011
- Word count 649
As a small home based day care center, you provide child care services during the day time hours for kids of working neighbors, family and friends. You have a great reputation and are passionate about the quality of the environment you offer for the children.
You want to increase your customers but not expand into commercial premises and lose sight of the very special care you provide your children.
This strategy gives you the best of both worlds… Maintain the quality of care for preschoolers and keep you in your own home base!
Identify who is your customer?
As a small home based day care center, you provide child care services during the day time hours for kids of working neighbors, family and friends. While you want to remain a home-based, small service you are able to offer unique ‘extras’ that a more established center doesn’t. For instance you are able to provide an after-hours specialized service for families who are going out for the evening or working late or night shifts.
Hence your ideal customer profile would include families with pre-school aged children who are prepared to pay for a specialized, possibly out of normal ours, child-care services.
What is the best thing you can do for that customer?
Your customers are prepared to pay a premium for the convenience of leaving their child with a professional rather than an unqualified baby sitter. Your facility will be the perfect blend of personalized attention in a professional set up.
How are you going to do it?
Offer to take children at any time of the day or night for a minimum of 4 hours. This caters for couples who want to go out to dinner, to a function, for a weekend away etc. Also research and introduce the latest fun learning/play activities that not only make it enjoyable for the child to spend time with you, but also help prepare that child for future school and socializing.
Create a database (Happy Folks) of all existing customers.
Send a direct mail out to families with young children who fit the target market and are relatively close to your home. Consider professionals around your home. Invite them to register their child on your website as spaces are limited to registered members of the Happy Folks community.
Don’t forget to say Thank You
Every new registrant gets a thank you email on completing the sign up form. Include a link to a survey where you ask for information about their child/children in order to be able to offer your special customized services.
Suggested survey questions to database:
What is your child’s date of birth?
Are you likely to use our ½ day, full day or overnight service, or do you have any other specific requirements?
How often are they likely to use this service?
What does your child most enjoy at the day care center?
Other child relevant information – diet, special toys etc?
What additional facilities would you like provided at the day care center?
When to communicate with your members?
Become the "expert" on child care - Develop a regular newsletter showcasing what’s new in child care and at your centre – food, toys, sleep centre, etc. Also feature children specific columns such as "best drawing of the month" and basic parenting tips written from an expert’s perspective.
Key dates such as Birthday emails to parents for their children on their birthday, Special trips – to the zoo?
How do you measure success?
Six monthly surveys of the Happy Folks community to gauge their level of satisfaction with your day care center and its offerings. Capture data on key criteria like pricing, safety, cleanliness, learning opportunity, etc. Incentivize survey completion with a free overnight stay for their child.
For measuring bottom line performance compare customer pool and profits across like periods over a two to three year period.
Scott Bradley is a successful business man in a wide variety of internet services. His organization Echo Digital, provides affordable services to small to medium business to assist them to grow their business. Affordable Web Design, Web Hosting and Internet MarketingArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client