5 Cheap Ways To Relieve Stress
- Author Jason Fritz
- Published July 21, 2011
- Word count 367
The week is coming to a close and you’ve had several hellacious days at work. The weekend is approaching and you’re somewhat low on funds but want to relieve stress. So, you ask yourself what are the cheapest ways to relieve stress and have fun?
An expensive weekend get away to a spa for a massage is out of the question. Boozing with your friends at a company happy hour is also out of your price range. Who wants to hang out with the people were causing you all that stress anyways?
So, what can you do and spend relatively no money you ask? Here are a few ideas to get your mind thinking about stress relief:
Go for a run. Depending on the weather, running outside can be a great stress relief. Plug in your Ipod headphones and jog or walk at your own pace. You will be clearing your mind and reducing stress in no time.
Rent a funny movie. Yes, it’s true, laughter is the best medicine. This is because deep belly laughs can release endorphins. The nerves sent to your brain will trigger chemical reactions that release natural tranquilizers and pain relievers.
Take a nap. Most likely your rigorous work week has left you sleep deprived. Fatigued people also experience more moodiness, aggressive behaviors, burnout and more stress. A brief nap can leave you refreshed and relieved of stress.
Try visualization. Taking a break from where you currently are, placing yourself in some faraway place that you really love, such as the oceans, a favorite holiday. Try to make sure that you really feel like you’re there, by seeing, hearing and smelling the things you imagine. It will really help to take your mind away from where you are now and put you in a happy place.
Take a bath. Drawing a relaxing warm bath will ease your aching body and mind. Try dimming the lights and lighting a few candles. Bring a book you’re currently reading to relax you further.
All of these options cost essentially nothing and are effective options for relieving stress. Be sure and comment with activities that you use to reduce your stress!
I write for My Stress Relief. For more stress relief advice, please click the link below.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!
- Are Your Friends There When You Need Them?
- How to defeat stress.
- How to Change an Unhealthy Behavior that Seems to be a Solution to a Problem
- Tips on How to Avoid Getting Stressed at Christmas
- Managing Your Papers: Inbox, Outbox, and Everything In Between
- Concrete Ideas on How to Cope With Stress
- How To Cope With Pressure At Work
- Stopping Panic Attacks Naturally
- Creating a Peaceful Place – Simple Stress Reducing Technique
- How To Hang In There Mentally When You Have Money Worries
- Work Life Amalgamation
- How to Live Stress-Free and Happy
- Job Stress and Your Health
- Why Should I Care About Stress?