The Basics of Estate Auctions
Business → Auctions / Classifieds
- Author Harry Bilinings
- Published March 16, 2012
- Word count 458
Estate Auctions are an efficient way to sell a complete household inventory down to the last knife, spoon and fork......
Estate Auction companies generally work under two types of sales methods.
The first method is the complete buyout of an estate. This means the auction company will come in and access all the items in your estate and give you one price for all your goods. They will itemize everything and determine a fair purchase price. Of course, the auction company will provide an assessment based on being able to profit from the purchase of your estate. They will generally offer you a percentage of the fair market value and they will auction items on an individual basis or as a complete lot to buyers. For estate sellers, this method is the least profitable for you. It's a fairly quick process, the moving trucks come in, take everything out and you receive a check. You'll pay for the privilege of selling everything as a lot to an estate auction company because they will bear the risk of selling your goods. If time is a critical factor in liquidating an estate, then this method will work for you.
The second method for estate auctions is the traditional method. Your estate is assessed and categorized item by item. The auction is advertised through normal marketing channels. Normally, the estate auction is held on your property. Your goods would be auctioned off, with a percentage of the proceeds going to the auction house. Your whole consignment would be auctioned in a matter of hours. This method takes a little longer to complete.
Even with the current economic times, people are still in the market for purchasing estates. You still will be able to find a buyer, but buyers might not be as generous with their bids as they were before the economic downturn. People still have money to spend but they're holding onto it bit tighter than before. Needless to say, both methods can be advantageous for the quick sale of your estate.
Additionally, as a matter of common sense, before taking your estate to auction, get a second opinion. Research all auction companies with the Better Business Bureau. Check their qualifications and ratings. Lastly don't ever forget to get any special pieces that you might have appraised individually. Remember, knowledge is the key to any successful business transaction. If you have the correct valuation information concerning a specific item, your auction experience will be that much successful.
We at Digital Auction have a comprehensive list of estate auction companies for your perusal. They have weathered the economic downturn and have been in business for a number of years. They can handle your estate auction needs - whatever they may be.
Harry Bilings is a staff writer for Digital Auction His passion in life is helping people to save money by writing about bargains and sharing those tips with everyone !Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Differences between French and British Pocket Watches
- A Quick Summary of Antique French Silver and its Hallmarks
- ASTRO ONLINE AUCTIONS REINVENTED.
- Ten Questions to Ask a Listing Agent
- 5 Types of Stairs to Suit Your Dream House
- Organizing Estate Sales For Higher Profits
- Taking the Best Advantage of Free Classified Sites
- Online Classified Ads - The Benefits
- Top 5 Essential Motorhome Accessories
- Never ending market of pharmaceutical companies explored by MR
- Charity Auctions Still Deliver for Fundraising
- Effective Free Classifieds Advertising for Business Success
- Rewards and short-comings of software’s used for accounting purposes and their impact on CPA firms
- Smokoo auctions are real
- Everything you need to know about free adds
- Post free classified ads – is it easy to sell or buy anything for free?
- Become One of eBay's Most Illustrious Powersellers!
- 7 Niches for eBay That Make A Profit
- Have Old Baby Items? Sell them Online Australia
- Real Time Search Engines – new faces of search engines
- Search Engine – everything on your tip
- The Growth of the Australian Online Auction Marketplace
- Repossessed Boats – Cut Out the Dealer and Get the Best Deal on Repo Boats
- Points to remember while buying online
- Tips To Build A Profitable eBay Business
- Tips For Discovering Ideal Cosplay Costume
- Why You Need a Conveyancer
- Why Not Give Yourself An Advantage Over The Majority Of eBay Sellers?
- Vast Opportunities In Auction Sites