Charity Auctions Still Deliver for Fundraising
- Author Steven O'donnell
- Published September 10, 2011
- Word count 249
According to our 2010 Charity Auction Market Research Report, luxury travel packages and unique once in a lifetime experiences are the most popular silent auction items. In addition to their popularity, luxury travel packages and once in a lifetime experiences are among the most profitable charity auction ideas you can include in your fundraising auction.
To maximize auction profit follow these 5 Tips when selecting your travel packages and once in a lifetime experiences:
In the past, what destinations have received winning bids and at what price points: It is fine to sell the same trip each year, but include new destinations as well and keep price points consistent.
The number of attendees: The larger the group the more items you should auction. We have found that your organization should have on average 1 travel package for every 50 event attendees.
Attendee disposable income level: The event committee should know their audience. If you have affluent or high net worth group of attendee’s, then higher price point packages are appropriate.
Complement the theme of the event with a travel package: A casino night should auction trips to Las Vegas or Monte Carlo; a sports theme should auction trips to a special event like the Super Bowl; and a golf tournament could auction a trip to The Masters or to a golf resort.
Complement the organization’s mission: If the organization supports Africa, auction a Safari.
For silent auction ideas, check on online for resources. There are many websites with silent auction ideas.
Steve O'Donnell is a freelance author based in Chicago whose favorite charity auction idea are romantic packages that he can share with his girlfriend. Recently the charity auction item he bought was a package for two to play golf in Scotland.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Know When Your Artwork is Good Enough to Sell
- The Differences between French and British Pocket Watches
- A Quick Summary of Antique French Silver and its Hallmarks
- ASTRO ONLINE AUCTIONS REINVENTED.
- Ten Questions to Ask a Listing Agent
- 5 Types of Stairs to Suit Your Dream House
- Organizing Estate Sales For Higher Profits
- Taking the Best Advantage of Free Classified Sites
- Online Classified Ads - The Benefits
- The Basics of Estate Auctions
- Top 5 Essential Motorhome Accessories
- Never ending market of pharmaceutical companies explored by MR
- Effective Free Classifieds Advertising for Business Success
- Rewards and short-comings of software’s used for accounting purposes and their impact on CPA firms
- Smokoo auctions are real
- Everything you need to know about free adds
- Post free classified ads – is it easy to sell or buy anything for free?
- Become One of eBay's Most Illustrious Powersellers!
- 7 Niches for eBay That Make A Profit
- Have Old Baby Items? Sell them Online Australia
- Real Time Search Engines – new faces of search engines
- Search Engine – everything on your tip
- The Growth of the Australian Online Auction Marketplace
- Repossessed Boats – Cut Out the Dealer and Get the Best Deal on Repo Boats
- Points to remember while buying online
- Tips To Build A Profitable eBay Business
- Tips For Discovering Ideal Cosplay Costume
- Why You Need a Conveyancer
- Why Not Give Yourself An Advantage Over The Majority Of eBay Sellers?