Fighting the Hands of Time
- Author Rosanne Kruger
- Published September 28, 2012
- Word count 488
The search for the elusive fountain of youth has been ongoing since our existence. People want to be young and look young forever, and some are willing to do anything in their power to try to combat the natural process of growing old. This has resulted in an enormous increase in beauty products and cosmetic procedures which promise to make you look younger. However, people seem to forget that growing old is not something that we have any real control over; it is part of the circle of life. The only aspect you can possibly control is the manner in which you grow old. Remaining active and eating a healthy diet throughout your life, for example, can have a very positive impact on the way you age.
It is painfully evident that these days, society puts immense pressure on appearance. Are you skinny and beautiful enough? Are you youthful? Society, Hollywood especially, has created and maintained the perception that if you do not meet certain requirements regarding your appearance, you will never be truly happy or successful, nor lead a fulfilling life. Although this is clearly not factual, some people may fall into this way of thinking when caught under the immense pressures to look a certain way.
As a result of this, an entire industry is dedicated to anti-aging and slimming products, as well as cosmetic procedures. There are now so many different products readily available, that finding something that actually works for you could be a grueling task. Trying out different procedures could also be tricky, and painful; and the decision to undergoing invasive surgery cannot be an easy one.
Going under the knife used to be the popular choice, however, now with the growth of development, and increase of, technology in the last ten years, things have clearly changed. People have become accustomed to a high-paced society where results are instant. Major surgery requires being anesthetized and then having to take a few days off work in order to recover from the effects, and often it is not a pleasant procedure. The unwillingness to endure such a lengthy procedure has created a demand for alternative non-surgical anti-aging procedures which could easily be squeezed in during your lunch break, such as botox.
It is estimated that the global market for facial aesthetics will reach $4.7 billion in 2018, and the global Botox market will reach $2.9 billion. Botox is used most commonly for the prevention of development of wrinkles through paralyzing the facial muscles. The procedure is comprised of only a few simple injections, and you can be back on your feet and in public within minutes after leaving your doctor’s office. The lack of wasted time is what is attractive here.
If you are considering an anti-aging procedure, make sure to research it properly and evaluate the reasons behind it. Aging is a natural process and can happen very gracefully if you let it take its course.
There are no posted comments.
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- Pregnancy: Expectation vs Reality
- How to Lighten Skin for African American
- The Creation of a Equilibrium Japan
- Solution to yeast infection in women
- Gender Role in Starving Career Choice among Women
- Natural Ways Of Dealing With Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Fast And Easy Hairdos For The Career Woman
- Natural Methods Of Reducing Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Miracle Book Reviews
- Making a decision on coupe menstruelle française
- Advantages of Natural Childbirth
- Easy tips on using cup menstruelle perfectly!
- Natural Remedies For Menopause
- 10 Love Yourself Tips for the Working Mum
- Culture and gender roles
- How to do your nails at home
- How to Find Menopause Relief
- Pregnant Women Commonly Suffer Yeast Infections
- African American Women's Olympic Firsts
- How to Deal With Frequent Yeast Infections
- Have The Wedding You've Always Dreamed Of
- Postpartum Depression
- Misconceptions about Premenstrual Syndrome: The Facts and Helpful Advice
- Top Saving Tips for Brides on a Budget
- Welcome To Kiev: City Of Beautiful Women And A Prospering Sex Industry
- Natural Cures Used for Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts: Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Rising from the Shadow of the Sun, A Story of Love, Survival and Joy -- Free Excerpt!