10 Love Yourself Tips for the Working Mum
- Author Vanessa Talbot
- Published May 15, 2013
- Word count 863
A working mum is often burnt out from striving to find balance between her career and family that she ends up not having time for herself. If you are a working mum, then you know how hard it can be to meet other people's needs and still save some time to indulge your personal interests.
But a mum's need shouldn't be placed on the backburner - in fact, it should be on top of your to-do list every day. Here are 10 tips to love yourself without giving up your duties as a mum and a career woman:
1.) Remember your good points when you start to feel down. Along the way, people will praise you for the things you've done. However, the real praise that can help you in the long term is the praise you give yourself. Praising yourself is not arrogant - it just means that you know you've done a good job. And you can always come back to this affirmation when you start to feel depressed.
2.) Always make time to do something you love. Yes, you may be busy, but you have to find time to do the things you love to do. When you set out for this time each week, forget all the problems you have at work or in your home. Instead, focus on your needs and wants and truly enjoy what you are doing. Go for a relaxing massage, visit a spa, or simply pamper yourself. When you give yourself freedom to just be, you get in touch with who you are as a person and relax at the same time.
3.) Keep yourself in the company of people who love you. Spending time with backbiters and naysayers will only bring your positivity down. Worse, you will start to believe them. Strive instead to surround yourself with positive thinkers - those people who encourage you and make you believe what a wonderful person you are. And while the best of friends can give you criticism too, you need to learn to listen only to the people who you trust fully.
4.) Have a positive mindset. Just as you would keep company with people who exude positivity, you also need to have a positive mindset yourself. If you don't have a positive attitude about things, it'll be very hard to believe in yourself. Write down things you love about yourself and put it in a place where you can always see it. Positive affirmations will work to boost your confidence when you do it regularly.
5.) Accept your mistakes. It has always been said that accepting yourself is the first step to loving yourself. No one is perfect and once you realize this, you begin to see your flaws as a part of your overall wonderful being. Do an introspection and learn from your mistakes. Look at it from another perspective and use it to strengthen yourself and improve for the better.
6.) Seek approval from yourself. While approval from other people make you feel good about yourself, it is your belief in yourself that makes all the difference. Stop making decisions based on another person's opinion. If you feel that something will let you blossom as a person, do it.
7.) Live in the present. Sometimes, other people's expectation of you can be too demanding. But you don't have to live up to their expectations. Stop worrying about the future and what people are going to say about your actions. Live in the present and take risks. Don't be afraid to try new things for your self-growth.
8.) Learn to forgive... yourself. We all make mistakes, so you don't have to be too harsh on yourself when you commit one. People always have something to say about what you've done wrong and but you are your worst critic. You can easily turn a minor mistake to a major one if you continue to play it in your head. Making a mistake or two won't make your entire life wrong. Everyone makes mistakes, but in the end we learn from them and move on to better things.
9.) Accept compliments. Just because you are a working mum doesn't mean you have to downplay your achievements and contribution at work. Learn how to acknowledge compliments and be humble at the same time. A simple "Thank You" is the first step in doing this. You can also pay it forward by acknowledging other people who are doing a good job and have helped you achieve things.
10.) Keep the promises you make for yourself. A promise is made to be kept. And while it is very easy for you to keep the promises you make to other people, you have to learn to keep the promises you make for yourself. Don't compromise your values and change your mind according to circumstances. Stand for what you think is right and make brave decisions. It will be hard but you will be thanking yourself in the future.
A busy mum like yourself needs to take time off to reorganize priorities. With these ten tips, you can start loving yourself again. Remember, love and happiness radiates from within so when you're happy, your family and co-workers will feel it too.
Vanessa Talbot is a Success Guide, Life Expander, and Author of the best-selling book, 'Extraordinary YOU ~ The art of living a lusciously spirited, vibrant life'.
Vanessa assists people to access their Inner Power to achieve Professional and Personal Success without compromising Lifestyle. Know more about Vanessa at her blog.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Effects of Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Physician states case against abortion [letter to the editor]
- Mother's Day was intended for a Day of International Peace
- The hard truth behind this world people see as: “a dream.” (Women)
- What can people do in the face of sexual assault?
- Sexual assault. Repression, unequal treatment, what do women experience throughout their lives? Inequality
- Sexism in advertising media
- Rape is a weapon used to assert caste dominance and keep women “in their place”
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- Pregnancy: Expectation vs Reality
- How to Lighten Skin for African American
- The Creation of a Equilibrium Japan
- Solution to yeast infection in women
- Gender Role in Starving Career Choice among Women
- Natural Ways Of Dealing With Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Fast And Easy Hairdos For The Career Woman
- Natural Methods Of Reducing Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Miracle Book Reviews
- Making a decision on coupe menstruelle française
- Advantages of Natural Childbirth
- Easy tips on using cup menstruelle perfectly!
- Natural Remedies For Menopause
- Culture and gender roles
- How to do your nails at home
- Fighting the Hands of Time
- How to Find Menopause Relief
- Pregnant Women Commonly Suffer Yeast Infections
- African American Women's Olympic Firsts
- How to Deal With Frequent Yeast Infections