Natural Remedies For Menopause
- Author Ron Sauciron
- Published August 13, 2014
- Word count 465
As a woman ages, she is going to go through the normal phase of the aging process called Menopause. It occurs when her ovaries no longer produce an egg every month. She no longer has her monthly period and she subsequently ceases to be reproductive. It's often referred to as the change of life. It is not officially classified as menopause, however, until she has failed to experience a menstrual period for 12 consecutive months. Some of the more predominate symptoms are hot flashes and night sweats. Some of the symptoms can be quite uncomfortable, but there are some natural remedies that have proven to be quite effective.
Extensive research has provided concrete evidence that Black Cohosh is a qualified alternative for hormone replacement therapy for the treatment of Menopausal symptoms. The research is backed-up by a multitude of satisfied women who eagerly endorse this herb. When considering dosage, one must consider the fact that we are all individuals and as such, require dosage that is unique to the individual. So the best way to determine what your dosage should be is to start with the lowest intensity and work your way upward until you achieve the results you desire.
Sage has been used for cooking and for Holistic Medicine with success in both categories. A few years ago, scientists conducted a placebo controlled study of individuals where sage was administered. It was discovered that the herbal extract increased mood and alertness while decreasing mental fatigue. Subsequent studies performed in Europe revealed a decrease in hot flashes by 51% within a month and 65% within two months of taking the herb. Sage comes in a liquid form or as a tea and can be found at vitamin or health outlets.
Shatavari Root is a popular sexual restoration tonic for women who practice the Hindu art of prolonged life and Holistic Medicine. It is closely related to the vegetable asparagus and has similar properties. It's main attribute, however, is the treatment of the symptoms of Menopause like hot flashes and vaginal degeneration. Shatavari's popularity increased when studies revealed it was instrumental in reducing the effects of stress.
Of the postmenopausal women in the United States, 80% of them do not use Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). The main reason is obvious, HRT has numerous side effects like Breast and Uterine Cancer, and the threat increases as a woman ages. Additional side effects like fat deposits on the hips and thighs, heavy bleeding often worse than former menstrual bleeding, severe leg cramps, low libido, and migraine headaches weigh heavily on the decision not to choose HRT.
Menopause is not a disease, so don't approach it like you would approach a disease. Menopause is a natural condition of life so treat it with natural therapies and avoid those hideous side effects of HRT.
Menopause presents a serious threat to women's health but, as you well know, there are numerous other threats like Heart Disease, Stress, Fibromyalgia and numerous others. Some are life threatening and others make your quality of life extremely poor. There's a new book on women's health issues titled Health Springs Eternal, A Holistic Approach To Women's Health Issues. It's a reference book for all women and the men who love them. Go to VitaminAndHerbalHealth.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Effects of Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Physician states case against abortion [letter to the editor]
- Mother's Day was intended for a Day of International Peace
- The hard truth behind this world people see as: “a dream.” (Women)
- What can people do in the face of sexual assault?
- Sexual assault. Repression, unequal treatment, what do women experience throughout their lives? Inequality
- Sexism in advertising media
- Rape is a weapon used to assert caste dominance and keep women “in their place”
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- Pregnancy: Expectation vs Reality
- How to Lighten Skin for African American
- The Creation of a Equilibrium Japan
- Solution to yeast infection in women
- Gender Role in Starving Career Choice among Women
- Natural Ways Of Dealing With Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Fast And Easy Hairdos For The Career Woman
- Natural Methods Of Reducing Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Miracle Book Reviews
- Making a decision on coupe menstruelle française
- Advantages of Natural Childbirth
- Easy tips on using cup menstruelle perfectly!
- 10 Love Yourself Tips for the Working Mum
- Culture and gender roles
- How to do your nails at home
- Fighting the Hands of Time
- How to Find Menopause Relief
- Pregnant Women Commonly Suffer Yeast Infections
- African American Women's Olympic Firsts
- How to Deal With Frequent Yeast Infections