How To Bounce Back From A Closed Mind And Negative Thinking
- Author Mohammad Shafie
- Published February 9, 2015
- Word count 511
A mind closed is like an ineffective parachute. The mind should be open to function, like a parachute.
A closed mind – or its worse complement, a hard, emotionless heart – is the greatest obstacle to personal growth. In fact, it is one of the most detrimental obstruction to your personal success. It makes you static instead of dynamic. No change is taking place, no transformation is possible.
The worst thing that can happen to you when you have a closed mind and heart is that you become fanatical to your present assumptions and beliefs. And what's even worse is if your assumptions and beliefs are negative. These negative monsters attack on 2 fronts – internal and external - and will do great harm when they affect both fronts.
Internally, when the conversations or thoughts you have in your mind are generally negative, not supportive and cynical, you can face just as many problems as you would if, externally, the conversations and words you use with your friends and relations are generally negative, cynical or gossipy.
This is true because what is your internal reality reflects upon your external reality, and what is your external reality reflects upon your internal reality. Although this may seem to be a hopeless catch-22 type of vicious circle, this problem is easy to solve.
By simply affecting one side, you automatically affect the other. By consciously deciding to change either your inner or outer aspect, you set in motion changes that affect the other aspect as well.
The best way forward is to begin to consider the possibility of better situations in your inner aspect. Ask yourself – had there been positive outcomes in your life that came about after or as a result of a particularly negative situation? Have you ever considered the possibility that a negative situation in your past had happened for a reason – even if it was a reason that you can now deliberately conjure? Think about this – what are the possible positive outcomes that you can derive from your present circumstances – no matter how dull or dire they are right now?
Infuse extra caution into your internal conversations – ask yourself questions that challenge your present assumptions, beliefs and currently held conclusions.
Next tackle your outer aspect by being extra conscious of the conversations you are having and the words you are using to others. You don’t have to suddenly change into an "Everything is good and positive" kind of person – in fact, that would be counter-productive.
What you may want to add into your existing conversations with others is the element of possibility – you can still talk about negative things, situations or circumstances, but conclude the conversations with the possibility of things being better, either because of your direct actions or the developments you are seeing around you.
Whenever you catch yourself saying a conclusive statement either to yourself or to others, always keep in mind a question that challenges its validity – what if something even better is possible? What if a brighter possibility is already out there, waiting to be discovered – by me?
Shafi’e is the Webmaster of StraTeachgic Success, where you can discover success techniques and 2 amazing FREE reports that reveal how you can wipe out all your limiting beliefs, radically alter your life, boost your intelligence, expand your creativity, achieve all your goals and your unlimited potential for wealth, success & happiness fast! Get your free reports NOW at StraTeachgic SuccessArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Poor Salary Negotiation's Long-Term Ill Side Effects
- Should Students Consider Traveling & Does Travel On Your Resume Even Do Anything Effective?
- How The F$#% Do I Decline a Job Interview?
- 5 Factors to Organizational & Personal Success!
- How to Become a World Level Strategist by Playing One Board Game
- Success, Happiness and a More Meaningful Life
- Transform your life in 60 days
- Avoid 10 Mistakes and You Will Change Your Life
- How to Beat Finals Week
- 8 ways to build the habit of success
- Online Resources for Today's Student
- Five Ways to Deal with Negative and Cynical People
- Imagination Fuels Imagination
- I Gave Myself a Black Eye Today
- What Is A Conscious Entrepreneur?
- A Success Formula in 10 Easy Steps
- Simple Solutions
- The Not-Me Syndrome
- How to Hypnotize Someone Using Only Your Eyes
- How To Fail At Time Management Through Procrastination And Just Plain Laziness!
- Winning at Working--Perpetuated Myths
- The Next Essential Skill
- Off Track
- Which Clock?
- Blurred Lines Require New Skills
- Top 5 Qualities Of Successful Achievers
- The Introverted Business Owner’s Guide to Thriving (and Wowing Others) at Holiday Parties
- The Metaphysics of the New Apple iPhone6 and 6 Plus: Why You should Buy One