A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published May 19, 2016
- Word count 459
If you are expecting your first child or eagerly awaiting a new addition to your growing family, your nutrition should be of utmost importance to you. Remember that whatever you take in will be taken in by your unborn baby too, so be wary of the foods you serve on your plate and study the nutritional value they have instead of how good they taste for your palate. To help you choose the right foods that will keep you and your baby healthy, here are the suggested inclusions in the diet of pregnant women.
Eggs are rich in protein, which has the amino acids necessary for the growth of your baby. This includes the growth of your baby's brain and muscles. You may also want to prefer DHA eggs, which are naturally loaded with omega 3 fatty acid that further supports brain development. Just a word of advice, make sure that your eggs are thoroughly cooked to avoid salmonella poisoning. If you are not fond of eggs, other sources of protein are red meat, fish, and tofu.
Do not be afraid of the fat found in nuts. Nuts are good sources of fiber, protein, and minerals, such as calcium, manganese, and magnesium. All of these will help in the development of the foetus. Therefore, instead of grabbing a slice of cake for snack, munch on a bowl of nuts instead, and better yet mix some dried fruits to it. Just be sure to not eat too many, as nuts have a lot of calories.
Speaking of dried fruits, did you know that this is a good source of iron? Your body needs iron to produce hemoglobin, a component of the blood that is responsible for carrying oxygen. When you are pregnant, you need more iron since you have to supply your baby with oxygen too and your baby also uses up iron in building his or her own blood supply.
Rich in vitamin A, carrots are an important part of your diet, as it will help in the development of your child's bones, eyes, and teeth. You can eat carrots as is, or transform them to delectable dishes and juices.
Aside from fortified cereals, avocados are also a good source of folate, which is essential for the development of your baby's brain and spinal cord. Most doctors prescribe a folic acid supplement to pregnant women at the early stages of pregnancy to prevent any birth defects on the child, but you can also get your daily requirement of folate from avocados and lentils, among others. In fact, you should start loading up on folic acid while you are still trying to conceive since birth defects often happen on the first month of the pregnancy.
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Secure Pregnancy with pregnancy prediction horoscope free
- An Economic Solution to America’s Abortion Dilemma!
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage