What is PUPPP?
- Author Tanzania Crew
- Published October 7, 2015
- Word count 410
PUPPP, Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy, is a common skin condition known as polymorphic eruption that occurs among pregnant women. It causes major discomfort for pregnant women during and after pregnancy. The symptoms of PUPPP include extreme itching, warp-like bumps/lesions (papules) that can cover the entire body, extreme irritation, and redness. These symptoms appear to be consistent among those who have experienced PUPPP.
The rash is said to occur during the first pregnancies of most pregnant woman. It is also said that the rash occurs during the third trimester of most pregnancies. In some cases the rash will go away after the mother gives birth. In other cases, the mother can have PUPPP months after giving birth, even up to 4-5 months after giving birth. If PUPPP lingers after giving birth, it is said to be the related to lingering placental products.
The rash generally starts on the abdomen and can cover the entire body in some cases. The only parts of the body that are not plagued by the rash are the face, the palm of the hands, and the sole of the feet. Some women are lucky enough to only have the rash cover their abdomen. The majorities of the cases I have read about were extreme and completely covered everything but the face, hands, and feet.
Pregnant women who get PUPPP are not likely to have it occur more than once. So, future pregnancies should not be plagued by PUPPP. If it does occur during a future pregnancy, it should be much milder than the initial experience with PUPPP.
Fortunately, PUPPP is harmless to the mother and the baby; however, there have been reports of babies getting PUPPP as well. In those cases, the PUPPP is extremely mild and normally goes away quickly. It is rare for babies to get PUPPP.
While PUPPP may be harmless, it should be treated immediately to avoid prolonged discomfort and irritation. The intense irritation caused by PUPPP can wreak havoc on a mother who is already not getting much sleep as a result of tending to a newborn baby and as the result of the irritation caused by PUPPP. Some mothers have reported that the irritation alone is enough to make you lose your mind. Some have reported coming very close to losing their minds. Losing your mind or coming close to it, should make PUPPP very harmful. Those who have survived it deserve a badge of honor.
I am a wife and mother of three amazing kids. I love everything about. I especially love writing about things I am passionate about. So, I am trying my hand at writing amazing articles about the things I am passionate about. You can find my first ebook at www.pupppcleanse.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- An Economic Solution to America’s Abortion Dilemma!
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City