Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published April 15, 2019
- Word count 714
Never Forget: You’re the Face of Your Business
If I asked you what you could do to be more successful as an entrepreneur or small business owner, you would probably list off things like advertise or network more, improve your website or marketing materials and close more sales, right?
Would your answer include personal branding? It should, because it absolutely impacts your success.
First, it’s important to clarify we aren’t just talking about big brands. It’s the personalities that represent them that help these companies create a brand.
Why Branding is Important
When you purposely create a brand representation for your business, you’re incorporating several factors, including:
• How others see you
• What sets you apart (your USP)
• Your values
• Your expertise
• Your personality
• How you represent yourself in person and online
If done correctly and consistently this builds trust, loyalty, leads and sales.
Why else should you care?
• Research from Nielsen shows that only 33% of buyers trust messages from a company while almost 90% of customers trust recommendations from someone they know.
• 53% percent of vendors have lost orders based on information found or not found about them online. (Source: Kredible)
• 77% of all discussions on social media are folks seeking advice, information or help. This is much easier to answer and interact as an individual as opposed to a company. (Source: Mention)
How to Incorporate Branding into Your Marketing
Firstly, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: you need to know your target audience. These are the people you want to appeal to and have on your side.
Let’s say you’re a career coach who is trading the corporate world for entrepreneurship. Your target audience may be other professionals who are leaving corporations to fly solo. From your marketing materials to how you present yourself on social media, you always want to keep them in mind.
Here are 3 other ways to create a successful brand and stand out from the competition:
- Share Your Expertise
You want to be an expert in your field. Stay on top of the latest news and trends, understand who your competitors are and attend events. Use what you know and learn to educate, inspire and mentor others whenever and however you can.
The more visible you are the more people will associate your face with your product or service and trust what you’re selling.
- Choose the Right Platforms
First, having a website is important! With any of your online marketing efforts, your goal should be to drive traffic back to a website that represents your brand positioning well. If your website falls short of this, your target audience will not resonate with your business and will leave.
Next, find out where the people in your target audience spend their time.
Let’s say that career coach I mentioned earlier targets professional women between the ages of 35 and 55. If research shows her target audience uses Facebook much more than Instagram, she should focus a large chunk of her efforts on creating Live videos and stories as well as participate in targeted Groups on Facebook.
- Be Yourself… to a Certain Extent
Don’t be afraid to show your personality and use your own voice when creating and sharing content or meeting people.
However, be cautious about sharing content that is political, religious or some other topic best avoided at dinner parties—unless it is part of your persona and/or mission and values.
It’s also important to always be honest as the face of your organization, as vegan influencer Yovana Mendoza Ayres is finding out. She was recently filmed eating fish in Bali, which caused a huge uproar among her plant-based fans and followers.
You can’t neglect your personal brand if you want to grow your leads, sales, loyalty and reputation.
It’s not a nice-to-have, it’s a must-have. People no longer look to big businesses to tell them what to buy; they want to see a face and personality that represents the product or service.
If you want to stand out from the competition, you need to an effective strategy. From your logo to your website to your social media presence, find the expertise to help you market yourself and your organization today and in the future.
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media. Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.ca and download your FREE "Ultimate Guide to Improving Your Website's Profitability - 10 Critical Questions You Must Ask to Get Maximum Results".Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Create Google Charts Like The Sankey Diagram
- What is a Standoff?
- Developing powerful visuals for your presentation
- How To Write A Super Resume In 2020
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool