The History of Arabic Typography – Fonts & Designs
- Author Anu Subedi
- Published March 2, 2020
- Word count 809
Talking about Font, we do have lots of font choices. And do you know? The most used and popular font in the world is Helvetica.
Being the official language of more than 20 nations, Arabic font is one of the most popular fonts. The significance of the Arabic language can't be underestimated in the modern world. The legal feel of the Arabic language makes Arabic textual styles one of the most looked. For after textual style classifications for a designer.
Origin Of Arabic Script
The origin of the Arabic Script goes back to the first alphabet created by the Phoenicians. Do you know? The Phoenicians were the traders sailing throughout the Mediterranean sea. And with no doubt, their alphabet influenced all Mediterranean cultures and nations.
The Middle East lies at the center of the Ancient World. This means, between East and West. This had played an important role in the unrolling of the Phoenicians' alphabet. That is why the Phoenician alphabet is the mother of Latin and Arabic scripts.
In 1300 BC, the early Phoenician alphabet was born in the city of Byblos on the coast of Lebanon. It consists of 22 consonants without capital letters and written from right to left.
In 1000 BC, the Phoenician alphabet derived the Aramaic alphabet from. In Aram, Syria, and Mesopotamia, this always represented the language of the Arameans.
The Nabatean Script was aroused in the city of Petra north of the Red Sea. In present-time Jordan and grow throughout the Middle East.
In 100 AD, the Syriac alphabet was formed in Mesopotamia. It consists of 22 letters. It was also developed by Aramaic. During the middle of the first century, the early Alphabet appears in Kufa, Iraq.
Are you guys aware, that the old Kufi was formed without diacritic dots and accents? Afterward, they were added to help readers with pronunciation. Old Kufi used to have 17 letters. After addition, it rose to 29 which includes Hamza.
With the birth of Islam, the Qur'an became the driving force of all the Arabic scripts found in Arabia.
Furthermore, In the 7th century AD, Well structured Arabic script enlarges for the writing of holy scripts of the Qur'an. It consists of 29 letters.
Let me share with you one more fact. Qur'an was essentially scripted with the Quranic Kufi. And finally transmitted to the Quranic Naskh style.
Arabic Alphabets and Letter Format
The Arabic letter set comprises of 29 constants and 11 vowels stamps in the shape of the accents. The structure of the letters in order has just 29 essentials shapes. However, the alphabet changes their shapes as indicated by their position in the world. Beginning(Initial), center(Middle), last(Final) and Isolated.
Since the Arabic letter is also used in some non-Arab dialects, more variations were exactly introduced. To represent all the extra non-Arabic phonetics that bring the quantity of the glyphs up to 130. Besides, the number of glyphs can increase if we likewise check different types of mix combinations inside the letter. If the typeface needs to completely mimic the calligraphic handwritten. So as indicated by every typeface, the number of glyphs can begin with 130 and finish inside 100.
Arabic content has an extraordinary and broad history of development and refinement. Also, it reflects in many structures a letter can take, depends upon its specific circumstance. There are heaps of tricks to adjust black and white in the line or even the page all in all. Even, these things are difficult to computerize.
The challenge of Arabic type design proceeded into the computerized age. The limited collection of Arabic textual styles for early desktop computers and browsers were dull and awkward. Now and then missing characters and frequently filled with mistakes. As the Arab speaking world came on the web, this gap in type design turned out to be much increasingly prominent. And individuals reacted by creating special, local, paraphrase Latin to Arabic in messages and chats. For instance, the utilization of "3" would be speaking to "ع"; and عين would be as "3ain," rather than the more proper paraphrase of "Aain".
Significantly, after a publication of the textual style of Arabic font, the work proceeds through refinement. Over the previous year, Gaber has audited the Google Fonts inventory of Arabic kind. To guarantee their constancy, lucidness, and usefulness. Particularly with regards to humble focuses like the position of singular marks and connection. And these updates will be accessible soon.
From creative tattoo designs with a genuine feel to upgrading your computerized designs. Arabic textual styles are incredible tools for giving your designs a unique novel touch. Arabic fonts have become progressively well popular recently.
Last but not least, The Arabic alphabets are spread to all the Middle East, North Africa, and Spain due to Islamic conquests. Not only that, Arabic is the language of the Qur'an, that's why all the nations were forced to use the Arabic Language as the language of god.
Learn more about Arabic Font and Designs. Before I forget, If you're looking for amazing Arabic fonts, Here you can have them.
We offer you an easy and free download of Arabic fonts. More than thousands of Arabic fonts can be downloaded free of costs as you prefer whether to be used in websites, programs or any other thing. We are confident that you can get exactly what you are searching for.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Transforming Language Education: Embracing the Potential of Random Task Generators
- Litguide: The Best Solution for Helping Ontario Students Pass the OSSLT
- Applying CLIL methodology in the English classes in Brazil.
- Do not study spoken English, just experience it.
- 11 Essential Tips For Learning Spanish
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Kinyarwanda as a Language of the African Nation
- First Africa International Translation Conference
- NAATI CCL Test Dates 2019
- Why We Learn Indonesian
- Wildlife will live to fight another Day
- The Most Common Mistakes In English Grammar That Non-Native Speakers Make
- How Languages Shape The Way We Think
- The Significance of Translation Services to Humanity
- Interest in the Italian language is growing worldwide
- The Top Simple Secrets of Learning a New Language Quickly
- How to choose a qualified Chinese traditional translator
- Why Translation Services Are Important for Business Success
- Two Languages That Require No Translation Services
- How does culture affect the quality of translation?
- Time to Learn Another Major Language or Two!
- Could Malagasy Be Africa’s Most Interesting Language?
- Why Translators Are Indispensable
- Arsenal-Rwanda Deal Good for Local Language Translators
- Why It’s Important to Translate the National Anthem Into Local Languages
- Why the English Language Should Not Eclipse Uganda’s Local Languages
- The 5 Hacks Will Help You Learn Any Language Online
- Five qualities that annoy your friends, but will make you a great editor
- Four Things You Need To Know About Translations