Do not study spoken English, just experience it.
- Author Lana Gogotishvili
- Published September 10, 2022
- Word count 576
Every day starts the same way: ,,I know English words and grammar, but I can't speak it, that's what the majority of my contacts say. I am sure that 99% of the readers of this article have the same problem. I will tell you that this problem is the fault of wrongly selected learning tactics and wrongly selected books. Maybe your longtime dream has been to learn spoken english but the, mistake is made when you think you can learn it, the only way to reach fluency is to experience the language with the culture.
How can a book teach you English when it contains a limited amount of information and when the dialogues are so unpredictable? When I ask this question, instead of answering, they turn the question back to me:,, what do you offer us? If the old way of acquiring knowledge - books, is not useful, what is useful for learning? I answer this question, once again, that language knowledge is an acquired intelligence, which can be perfected with the help of the environment and experience. Taking into account the above information, from a scientific point of view and perception, language learning is divided into two categories:
1-Using the environment
The environment in which a person lives is completely different from the environment in which another individual lives. Therefore, the primary experience that a person has in the period of infancy is the perception of the environment and the memorization of the simple words that can be visualized. Although there may be 100 people living in one country, everyone's house: the bathroom, the color of the walls, the floor or the layout of the rooms are individual. Family: The members of the family, their personal and external characteristics are different, without going on too much, the habitat in which the subject lives and the people with whom he has daily contact, are necessarily the first "guidelines" for his learning, just like for an infant. Why should you start improving your English speaking from the dialogue in a book where someone Jack tells about his studies, which he repeatedly took in London, or why should you start learning English by studying the sights of London? I know we've all had at least one lesson in a book about this topic, and then when we want to order in a restaurant, we can't explain to the waiter in English that you're allergic to peanuts, and you'll just die. It makes sense to learn about environmental conditions, people, general habits, and life English through daily practice rather than books.
- Now in this part I will talk entirely about experience, there is no way to bring the language to perfection without daily use of the language and introduction into everyday life. This part is called reasoning - one of the greatest human talents that separates and differentiates us from animals is the ability to reason, if your goal is to improve conversational English, forget the English classes you attend, and the homework you spend several hours on, from this moment you speak and reason in English. Discuss everything in English, think about everything in English, it doesn't matter if you're in a store or at a party, whatever you think in your first language, think and discuss in English, if you don't have enough words, save it in your phone and look it up later and remember it.
You can not learn Spoken English, you have to experience it.
My name is Lana Gogotishvili, I am a master of linguistics and I constantly try to make learning interesting and innovative with new research and information.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Crossing Borders: Studying in Japan for Bangladeshi Scholars
- The Most Beautiful Word in the English Language
- Transforming Language Education: Embracing the Potential of Random Task Generators
- Litguide: The Best Solution for Helping Ontario Students Pass the OSSLT
- Applying CLIL methodology in the English classes in Brazil.
- 11 Essential Tips For Learning Spanish
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Kinyarwanda as a Language of the African Nation
- First Africa International Translation Conference
- The History of Arabic Typography – Fonts & Designs
- NAATI CCL Test Dates 2019
- Why We Learn Indonesian
- Wildlife will live to fight another Day
- The Most Common Mistakes In English Grammar That Non-Native Speakers Make
- How Languages Shape The Way We Think
- The Significance of Translation Services to Humanity
- Interest in the Italian language is growing worldwide
- The Top Simple Secrets of Learning a New Language Quickly
- How to choose a qualified Chinese traditional translator
- Why Translation Services Are Important for Business Success
- Two Languages That Require No Translation Services
- How does culture affect the quality of translation?
- Time to Learn Another Major Language or Two!
- Could Malagasy Be Africa’s Most Interesting Language?
- Why Translators Are Indispensable
- Arsenal-Rwanda Deal Good for Local Language Translators
- Why It’s Important to Translate the National Anthem Into Local Languages
- Why the English Language Should Not Eclipse Uganda’s Local Languages
- The 5 Hacks Will Help You Learn Any Language Online