These tips will help you maintain your car
- Author Tony Allen
- Published September 11, 2020
- Word count 622
Replace your air filter
People often overlook checking their car’s air filter, resulting in them having to spend more money to run their car. The most effective way to check if your engine’s air filter is still effective is by visually inspecting it. If it appears dirty or the compartment has dust or other material obstructing it, you need to replace it.
Did you know, uncontaminated air flowing freely into the combustion chamber of your engine makes your engine run cleaner and effectively, and use less gas? The recommended time you should change your car’s filter is once a year, or every 20,000 kilometres.
Take note of warning lights
Your car has warning signs that indicate when we need to alter something within your car, such as add oil.
Every so often, check the symbols that light up around your speedometer. These could include a brake warning light, check engine light, coolant warning light, ABS warning light, service engine light, electrical fuel light and oil warning light.
Remember what each warning means and what actions you need to take when you notice them light up. Some signs won’t need immediate attention but others require you to pull over, such as the coolant warning light. This means your car engine is overheating and if you don’t turn the car off to let it cool down, you could cause permanent damage.
Car repair service
To enable your car with a long, healthy life, you need to take your car to a car repair service when things seem strange. A strange sound, a change in your breaks, or your car taking a while to start, may mean it’s time for a service. If you leave it, things could take a turn for the worse and permanently damage your car.
Check your brakes
It’s clear brakes are crucial when it comes to safety - if your brake pads are worn down, it could result in a dangerous accident.
When your brakes are worn down, you may hear squealing noises or metal grinding when you brake. The point at which you need to change your brake pads is when they are less than a quarter inch thick. To visually inspect your brake pad, look through the tyre spokes, where you should see the brake pad compressed against the brake rotor.
Fortunately, some cars will indicate to you that your brake pads need replacing through a warning lighting up on your dashboard, near other warning lights.
Head to your local car repair service centre for brake and clutch repair.
Maintain your car’s tyres
When it comes to safety, car tyre maintenance is also highly important for your safety. Checking tyre pressure and then altering accordingly is a simple but effective car maintenance tip.
Incorrect tyre pressure levels bei significantly incorrect, it can be dangerous, especially at high speeds. Driving fast with a flat tyre will likely do irreversible damage to the metal beneath the wheel, but more importantly, may cause you to lose control of your car. In addition to risking your safety, needing to change tyres more frequently will cost you more in the long run.
Tyre gauges are available in stores, or there are free tyre gauges at some petrol stations for you to check the tyre pressure, yourself.
For tyre rotation and wheel alignment, you will need to go to your local car service. These two concepts ensure your control is equally balanced among all four wheels.
You may be a tad overwhelmed, but you’ll be happy to know you’ll get used to car maintenance over time and when you’re really in a tricky situation, your local car repair service is always there for you.
There are no posted comments.
- Smart Hacks To Keep Your Car From Getting Dirty
- Understanding Types of Car Alternator
- The Impact of Aftermarket Car Parts on Vehicle Performance and Safety
- Why You Should Schedule Regular Services For Your Vehicle
- Best Materials for Windshield Replacement
- Importance of Having a Trustworthy Local Auto Repair Shop
- When Does Your Vehicle Need an Oil Change?
- How to Prepare Your Fleet for Winter with the help of Fleet Management Software?
- How to keep the car stable in winter?
- Matching your classic car's paint colours might not be as easy as you think
- Its wise to keep your eyes on you classic car's suspension system
- Car Brakes: When Is It Time To Change Them?
- How to free up space on android internal memory?
- EZ Battery Reconditioning System
- 4 Unexpected Ways To Save Money On Transport
- Cleaning Your Rv Protects Your Asset
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?