Getting Your Tree Trimmed For A Healthy Tree
- Author Morghan Jay
- Published June 2, 2021
- Word count 504
Trees are important members of our ecosystem and thankfully, more and more people are beginning to care about trees, their importance, and how to help them survive and stay healthy. Tree trimming is one of the most effective methods of ensuring your tree’s health and longevity.
In addition to enhancing the appearance of the tree, tree trimming is important to ensure the safety of lives and properties around the tree. A dead or diseased tree branch can be a hazard to the environment as it can fall during heavy winds or storms, causing damage to cars, homes, or even injure people. This article explains all that you need to know about trimming your trees to guarantee their health and prolonged existence.
When to Trim your Trees
To ensure the survival of a tree, it is important to know the best periods to trim the tree. Although many homeowners believe that the fall is the best time to trim their trees, they are wrong. Trimming a tree in the fall could significantly damage and even kill mature trees.
Although it is important to see an arborist before attempting to trim your tree, tree trimming should usually be done in mid-winter. Cutting overgrown branches is best done in dormancy season as it will encourage new growth as soon as the weather starts getting warm.
Also, attempting to trim big branches during summer can cause injuries and so, it must be done with great care and preferably by a professional.
How to Trim your Trees
Keeping in mind that uninformed methods of trimming can kill the tree, it is important to trim the tree using careful techniques that will not harm it. Before trimming, understand that each twig, branch, and trunk is a channel that carries water and nutrients to different parts of the tree. It is important not to obstruct major channels by cutting them off as this will negatively affect the tree.
Trees have buds at the edge of every branch, the direction of these buds will determine the direction in which the tree will grow. It is imperative to pick buds that are pointing outside of the tree while trimming and leave those buds pointing upwards. Buds growing on the interior part of the tree must also be left as attempting to cut them off could cause damage to the trunk of the tree.
Safety Tips while Trimming your Tree
The following are safety tips to consider while trimming your tree:
Protect yourself with gloves, boots, goggles, and hearing protection while trimming a tree.
Survey the area and remove all possible hazards before you begin to trim a tree
Climb trees using ropes or harnesses
Never anchor yourself to the branch you are cutting on
Never climb a wet tree.
Trimming a tree is very vital to its survival and health but it is also important to know the right methods of trimming that will avoid damage to the tree. All safety measures must be considered before attempting to trim a tree.
Keeping trees safe and healthy all around our beautiful island! Aloha!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Understanding The Primary Types Of Fences
- Tree Service
- The Ultimate Guide to Retaining Walls For Homeowners
- Top Landscaping Tips for Albany, Oregon: Maintenance and Gardening Hints
- Centipede Grass: The Best Weed Killers
- Why Hire a Professional Lawn Care Service?
- Wooden Privacy Fences
- Artificial Grass Perth, Wa
- Commercial Lot Clearing Explained
- Paving Options For Your Driveway
- Why Composite Decking Is So Popular For Outdoor Projects
- How To Make Your Backyard Pond Look Amazing
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Tips for Choosing the Right House Plans in Melbourne
- Your Ultimate Guide To Adding Plants To Your Pond
- A Few Steps To Get Your Fountain Running Efficiently This Spring
- The Basics of Aquatic Plants
- Selecting the Right Tree Shape for Your Space
- What’s Included In The Cost To Install A Fence?
- Few Landscaping Facts That Most People Don’t Know
- 3 Steps to Choosing the Correct Lawn Grass: Perth Landscapers Advice
- How to Deal with Patchy Grass Issues: Perth Landscaping Design Advice
- 6 Tips to Protect Water Bores: Perth Expert Advice
- Adding a Water Feature to Your Lawn
- 4 Reasons To Do Winter Landscape Construction
- Landscaping Services Perth: Hardscaping Design
- Adding Colour to Landscape Design Perth
- Best Nail Polish and Makeup Remover