How to Choose Men's Pants to Flatter Your Build
- Author Janine Giorgenti
- Published July 3, 2008
- Word count 767
Traditional cut or slim cut, high rise or low rise, cuffs or no cuffs, pleated or flat front? It's so confusing! Too many choices? Actually, no!
Men come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are short, some tall. Some are skinny, some hefty. The list goes on and on. So, having a selection of different cuts and styles in our dress pants is a good thing. Trying to figure out which is right for you? Now, that's daunting! But, let me help.
Flat front pants are more becoming than pleated pants on a man of your stature as they are less bulky and there is less fullness in the legs. Because of your shorter height, you need to purchase a pair of pants with a short or low rise with no cuffs. You should choose a trim cut pant with a shorter inseam.
Short and Thin
Flat front pants are more becoming than pleated pants on a man of your stature as they are less bulky and there is less fullness from the thigh to the ankle. Short rise or low rise pants are best for you. You should choose a trim cut pant with a shorter inseam.
Short and Heavy
Choose pants that are flat front, full cut and low rise. It is difficult to find off-the-rack pants that will fit you, so you will most likely require alterations or custom pants to fit your needs.
Because of your height, you can wear any style pants, including regular cut, boot cut, flat front or pleated pants. You can wear cuffs or no cuffs. You need to purchase a pair of pants with a long rise. You should also choose pants with a longer inseam.
Tall and Thin
Because of your height, you will look best in a trim cut or boot cut style. You can also wear various styles like flat front or pleated pants with or without cuffs. Because you are thin, regular rise pants should work for you. You need to purchase a pair of pants with a longer leg length.
Big and Tall
If you have a full abdomen, we suggest flat front pants with a long rise, in a full cut. If you have a flatter stomach, then you can wear flat front or pleated pants. Either way, you will need a long rise. You also need to purchase pants with a long leg length.
If you have a big belly, then it is difficult to keep your pants from sliding down. For this reason, we suggest a flat front, traditional cut style pants rather than a pleated pants style. You may choose to buy larger size pants to fit your waist, but then the seat will be too big, or you may buy a smaller size in order to fit the seat, but then the waist will be too small.
Big Stomach, Flat Seat, Thin Thighs
If you have a big belly, it is difficult to keep your pants from sliding down. Because of your flatter rear and thin thighs, you get too much fabric in the seat and thighs. For this reason, we suggest a flat front style pants that are trim cut, rather than pleated pants, as pleated pants exaggerate this problem by adding too much fabric to the seat and thigh area.
Long Torso/Short Legs
You may need a long rise with a shorter pants inseam. If you are short, traditional cut pants with flat front are the best option. Tall men can wear pleated pants or a flat front.
Short Torso/Long Legs
You may need a shorter rise with a longer pants inseam. Low rise, traditional cut or low rise, boot cut are your best options. If you are short, then flat front pants work best for you. Tall men can wear pleated pants or flat front pants.
Smaller Waist, Pronounced Rear, Big Thighs
Pleated pants will give you more room in the thigh area. Look for a long rise and full cut pants.
Whether you are short, tall, slim, portly or somewhere in between, there is a style of men's dress pants that is right for you. If you have a difficult time finding store-bought pants that fit in a flattering cut and style, find a good tailor and have them altered. Or, better yet, have your pants custom made. This is often the most cost effective solution (when you consider the cost of the pants plus alteration fees) and you will have a much wider selection of fabrics and styles to choose from than you would off-the-rack.
Janine Giorgenti is a renowned fourth generation Italian designer, image consultant and custom clothier. Visit her website at http://www.bestcustompants.com for more style advice and fashion tips.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Creation of a Equilibrium Japan
- Solution to yeast infection in women
- Gender Role in Starving Career Choice among Women
- Natural Ways Of Dealing With Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Fast And Easy Hairdos For The Career Woman
- Natural Methods Of Reducing Joint Pain During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Miracle Book Reviews
- Making a decision on coupe menstruelle française
- Advantages of Natural Childbirth
- Easy tips on using cup menstruelle perfectly!
- Natural Remedies For Menopause
- 10 Love Yourself Tips for the Working Mum
- Culture and gender roles
- How to do your nails at home
- Fighting the Hands of Time
- How to Find Menopause Relief
- Pregnant Women Commonly Suffer Yeast Infections
- African American Women's Olympic Firsts
- How to Deal With Frequent Yeast Infections
- Have The Wedding You've Always Dreamed Of
- Postpartum Depression
- Misconceptions about Premenstrual Syndrome: The Facts and Helpful Advice
- Top Saving Tips for Brides on a Budget
- Welcome To Kiev: City Of Beautiful Women And A Prospering Sex Industry
- Natural Cures Used for Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts: Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Rising from the Shadow of the Sun, A Story of Love, Survival and Joy -- Free Excerpt!
- Several Types of Bras
- Understanding Menopause
- Acknowledging Caregiver Burnout