What Does Spooning Mean?
- Author Andrew Lovett
- Published May 28, 2009
- Word count 448
Have you ever read, or heard people talking about how they enjoy spooning, but may have asked yourself exactly what do they mean? Is it some kinky sexual position or could it simply be a form of tender or even passionate embrace? This article explores the concept.
"Spooning" is a form of intimacy usually experienced in bed but it does not have to include lovemaking or sexual penetration. It is something women often speak fondly about because it is an intimate form of cuddling, where both parties lie on their side and one snuggles up against the other's back and both of them have their legs bent forward and the buttocks of one "sits" into the groin of the other. This in effect creates a "spoon" formation, where one is laddeling the other, as it were.
The sensation that spooning can give a woman, of being nestled into her man's big warm body, his broad chest against her smaller back, his strong arms wrapped around her, is possibly one of her most enjoyable things in the world. She can feel so safe, warm, cared for and loved. It is very intimate yet comfortable. Some say that nothing beats it.
Whilst it is practical for pregnant women, the woman does not always have to be in the front, making the male the spoon. The one in front is sometimes called the spoon-ee and as such, is in a more vulnerable position, since the one behind has the most control. This may be one reason why the man is typically the spoon. The woman trusts him and is content to feel his warmth behind him.
Originally, the word "spooning" was understood to mean "dating". When a couple went out on a date they had to carry a noticeably large decorative spoon with them. This advertised to everyone that they were on a date. Everyone watched them to make sure they "behaved" while out on their date. How times have changed!
There are a many men and women on forums and dating websites who reminisce that spooning is one of the things they miss the most - just going to bed and cuddling up next to someone. If you read their profiles they just want someone to cuddle with and be with. A lot of people welcome spooning and cuddling with or without sex. It's only natural to want touch and comfort someone.
So in summary, while spooning can be part of a sexual encounter, it doesn't have to be and in fact, is not commonly understood in the term. So next time you're reading someone's online profile and they say they like spooning, try not to get the wrong idea.
There are no posted comments.
- Discover How Losing Weight Helps Improve Your Sex Life
- Here’s why you need to get a tantric massage
- Exercises that Stimulate Libido and Boost Sex Drive
- Love: 7 golden rules to keep your relationship going
- The major causes of yeast infections
- Why Paid Companions Make for the Ideal Adult Entertainment?
- Discover True Indulgence with Tantric Massages in Bayswater
- Is it mandatory to avoid sexual intimacy during and after medical abortion?
- Why Try a Tantric Massage in London?
- Birmingham Dolls - Central Hub of GFE Companionship
- What can you expect during a couples massage?
- Enter the World of Kink by Knowing What is BDSM
- Top 5 home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor without side effects
- Reasons to get a tantric massage
- Tantra Massage - Why are People Crazy about This Therapy?
- Things You Should Not Do During a Four Hand Massage
- Tadalista Super Active
- How Can You Improve Your Sensual Massage Experience?
- How To Maintain Your Sex Drive As You Get Older
- All You Need to Know About Tie and Tease Massage
- Control Premature Ejaculation through Tantric Massage
- Treatment for Impotence – Helping Men Regain Their Confidence
- Get a Fantasy Massage and Bring to Life Your Wet Dreams
- Prostate Massage: Advantages and How is it Milked
- Are you Single? Utilise this Time with a Hot Mistress!
- Erotic Massages: an Effective Way to Relax and Stay Calm
- 6 Unexpected Reasons That Cause Erectile Dysfunction
- Everybody Loves Getting a Sensual Massage. Find Out Why
- How To Be a Perfect Sugar Daddy?