Top 5 Causes of Low Testosterone
- Author Mark Wilson
- Published June 10, 2009
- Word count 523
If you are a man that suffers from low testosterone you realize it can cause a whole plethora of symptoms of depression, low libido, irritability, fatigue, poor motivation to name a few. It can also bring on illnesses such as heart disease, hypertension and even diabetes. Figuring out the root cause of the low testosterone can help either cure the issue, or at the very least managing it.
Below are the top 5 causes of low testosterone:
- Adrenal Fatigue. The adrenal glands are located above the kidneys. They control a vast percentage of the endocrine system in producing over 50 hormones to help run the human body. Among the hormones they produce is testosterone.
If you find that you have the symptoms of adrenal fatigue, you can be sure that your testosterone levels are probably low as well. The symptoms are:
• Digestive issues with constipation and diarrhea
• Sleep dysfunction including problems with waking up in the mornings
• Craving for salty foods
• Low libido
• Stress – lack of handling it properly
Adrenal fatigue can be caused from several different things such as bad diet from consumption of too much junk food, caffeine, etc, food issues such as a wheat or gluten intolerance, infections, and stress.
Aging. As men get older their testosterone levels will start to decrease. At around age 37 to 38 the testosterone levels will begin to decrease around 2 to 3 % each year.
Alcohol. Anything done in excess is not a good thing and this holds true of alcohol consumption. One thing that will happen if you are an alcoholic is your testosterone levels will drop. It’s because the alcohol will reduce the production of testosterone levels for at least 24 hours. If you drink in excess daily the alcohol will do its damage to the hormone level.
Symptoms of an alcoholic with low testosterone are deficient muscle mass and slow muscle recovery from injury, fertility issues such as low sperm count, shrinking testicles and enlarged breasts.
The cure here is obvious, stop drinking, or at least cut way back on your alcohol consumption.
- Diet. Today’s overly processed, fast and convenient foods are terrible to our health. If it’s referred to as "junk" food then it’s not good for you. These foods play a major role in our endocrine systems, and in particular for men can cause testosterone levels to fall.
Eating a healthy diet of whole foods rich in fruits and vegetables is the best cure for this. If you steer clear of the foods with "empty" carbs, such as what you find in the junk foods and consume the healthier foods you will see a notable difference in your overall health.
- Exercise. Too much or too little (or none at all) will cause low testosterone levels. As with everything, doing exercise in moderation will dramatically increase not only your energy and good health, but also your testosterone levels.
Ideally you should spend at least 15 minutes for 3 days a week of an exercise workout to reach optimum health.
There are other health issues that can cause low testosterone. If you feel you have this problem please seek the advice of a medical professional.
Mark Wilson is an independent health researcher for the last 25 years.
He's worked as an independent weight loss, health and nutrition coach for many.
visit http://www.boost-your-low-testosterone.com and find out how he successfully treated his own low testosterone levels.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Discover How Losing Weight Helps Improve Your Sex Life
- Here’s why you need to get a tantric massage
- Exercises that Stimulate Libido and Boost Sex Drive
- Love: 7 golden rules to keep your relationship going
- The major causes of yeast infections
- Why Paid Companions Make for the Ideal Adult Entertainment?
- Discover True Indulgence with Tantric Massages in Bayswater
- Is it mandatory to avoid sexual intimacy during and after medical abortion?
- Why Try a Tantric Massage in London?
- Birmingham Dolls - Central Hub of GFE Companionship
- What can you expect during a couples massage?
- Enter the World of Kink by Knowing What is BDSM
- Top 5 home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor without side effects
- Reasons to get a tantric massage
- Tantra Massage - Why are People Crazy about This Therapy?
- Things You Should Not Do During a Four Hand Massage
- Tadalista Super Active
- How Can You Improve Your Sensual Massage Experience?
- How To Maintain Your Sex Drive As You Get Older
- All You Need to Know About Tie and Tease Massage
- Control Premature Ejaculation through Tantric Massage
- Treatment for Impotence – Helping Men Regain Their Confidence
- Get a Fantasy Massage and Bring to Life Your Wet Dreams
- Prostate Massage: Advantages and How is it Milked
- Are you Single? Utilise this Time with a Hot Mistress!
- Erotic Massages: an Effective Way to Relax and Stay Calm
- 6 Unexpected Reasons That Cause Erectile Dysfunction
- Everybody Loves Getting a Sensual Massage. Find Out Why
- How To Be a Perfect Sugar Daddy?
- What are the Wonderful Benefits of Tantric Massage Therapy?