What Can Cause Low Testosterone?
- Author Mark Wilson
- Published June 8, 2009
- Word count 520
There are many factors that can cause low testosterone in men. Diet (eating too much junk food), exercise (too little or too much exercise), adrenal issues (such as adrenal fatigue), alcohol consumption (drinking alcohol in excess most of the time) and aging are the most obvious issues with what can cause low testosterone. Aside from these there are other reasons why testosterone levels may be low.
A condition called gynecomastia is a very obvious sign of low testosterone. When this condition is present, it’s usually a result of too much male estrogen. Estrogen stores up in body fat, which is why women have larger breasts than men, but when the estrogen levels are too high, this can cause men to have large breasts too and this condition is called gynecomastia.
Another condition called Klinefelter syndrome in males will cause low levels of testosterone. It is believed that there is 1 out of every 500 males that are affected by this chromosomal condition. Men with this disorder have an extra X chromosome in many of their cells.
Some medications can affect the testosterone production. Some of the worse offenders are:
• Beta blockers
• Hypertension medications
• Marijuana (which is more so a recreational illegal drug)
Sleep habits can also affect the production of testosterone. If you are not getting enough quality sleep at night this will affect your overall health and can cause an imbalance in the endocrine system.
There are also conditions that affect the testicles themselves and this will most certainly cause a low hormone issue. Normally these conditions are results from other conditions, so finding the cure or management may be more than just treating the testicles. For example, too much estrogen will cause atrophy of the testicles. Balance the hormones, thus balancing the estrogen AND testosterone will stop this.
Other reasons for testicular atrophy are aging, alcohol consumption in excess, atherosclerosis, cirrhosis of the liver, gonorrhea, inguinal hernia, kidney failure, marijuana use, syphilis and other bacterial and viral infections.
Obviously if there’s ever trauma to the testicles this can affect how they function.
If you are considered obese then chances are that your testosterone levels are low. Recent research shows that body fat and testosterone are controlled by the same genes. Men with higher body fat percentages tend to have lower testosterone levels. Also estrogen is stored in body fat, so if there is an excess of body fat, then the levels of estrogen will be higher than normal. All this in turn causes the levels of the testosterone to drop.
Of all the causes of low testosterone the bottom line is that if you can maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating right, by practicing safe sex, by exercising in moderation you can certainly increase the chances of keeping your testosterone levels normal. While some illnesses can’t be avoided, many can by practicing safe habits. Common sense will tell you that eating junk food, and drinking too much alcohol and not using protection if you aren’t in a monogamous relationship are all bad for you. It affects all parts of your body.
Mark Wilson is an independent health researcher for the last 25 years.
He's worked as an independent weight loss, health and nutrition coach for many.
visit http://www.boost-your-low-testosterone.com and find out how he successfully treated his own low testosterone levels.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Discover How Losing Weight Helps Improve Your Sex Life
- Here’s why you need to get a tantric massage
- Exercises that Stimulate Libido and Boost Sex Drive
- Love: 7 golden rules to keep your relationship going
- The major causes of yeast infections
- Why Paid Companions Make for the Ideal Adult Entertainment?
- Discover True Indulgence with Tantric Massages in Bayswater
- Is it mandatory to avoid sexual intimacy during and after medical abortion?
- Why Try a Tantric Massage in London?
- Birmingham Dolls - Central Hub of GFE Companionship
- What can you expect during a couples massage?
- Enter the World of Kink by Knowing What is BDSM
- Top 5 home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor without side effects
- Reasons to get a tantric massage
- Tantra Massage - Why are People Crazy about This Therapy?
- Things You Should Not Do During a Four Hand Massage
- Tadalista Super Active
- How Can You Improve Your Sensual Massage Experience?
- How To Maintain Your Sex Drive As You Get Older
- All You Need to Know About Tie and Tease Massage
- Control Premature Ejaculation through Tantric Massage
- Treatment for Impotence – Helping Men Regain Their Confidence
- Get a Fantasy Massage and Bring to Life Your Wet Dreams
- Prostate Massage: Advantages and How is it Milked
- Are you Single? Utilise this Time with a Hot Mistress!
- Erotic Massages: an Effective Way to Relax and Stay Calm
- 6 Unexpected Reasons That Cause Erectile Dysfunction
- Everybody Loves Getting a Sensual Massage. Find Out Why
- How To Be a Perfect Sugar Daddy?