5 Ways to Overcome Anxiety and Stress
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published January 20, 2010
- Word count 483
The never ending search for ways to overcome anxiety and stress most certainly has increased over the recent past. Work related stress in particular has become more commonplace due to the tough economic environment. Many people have lost jobs and much more. On the other hand those that haven't suffered jobs losses yet experience constant anxiety attacks over if and when they may lose theirs. As it stand there does not seem to be much relief in sight therefore it is all the more important to find ways to minimize anxiety attacks and to reduce stress.
By consciously adopting certain patterns of behavior we may not be able to rid ourselves of the many causes of stress we encounter but we can reduce its harmful affects.
Here is a simple survival guide for you reviewing 5 ways to minimize anxiety attacks and relieve the stress that comes with it.
Gain physical separation as soon as possible to help diffuse the rising tension both within you and the situation itself. Nothing good comes from allowing the 'cauldron' to boil over so let it cool off at the first opportunity.
Out of sight out of mind!
Close Your Eyes
If you can not immediately leave the source close your eyes. This allows you a 'quiet' moment even in the company of others which will help you regain your composure. Once again 'cooler heads' always prevail and when you can not get physical distance 'escaping' into your thoughts is the next best thing.
If possible locate a calmer environment that allows you to process things without the 'static' or disruptions you can expect in a busier environment. This will allow you to 'regroup' your thoughts and calmly 'calculate' your next move without emotions clouding your ability to reason.
There is ALWAYS something to be said about the 'great' outdoors. Besides the fresh air and change of scenery the reminder of how grand Mother Nature can be is always humbling and helps put things into perspective.
Oxygen helps you think more clearly and slow up your 'accelerated' system by focusing on the deliberate act of breathing. Also when you are very tense the body usually reacts by shortening your breaths thereby adding to the tension you may already be feeling.
Recent times have sent everybody scrambling for ways to overcome anxiety and stress due to the current turbulence in many economies. Work related stress in particular has catapulted through the roof with people losing their jobs or in fear of that possibility. Since these causes of stress are not going away anytime soon we need to adopt certain patterns of behavior that will help us cope with the situation a little better. By exercising the 5 aforementioned techniques above we should be able to take the necessary actions enabling us to reduce stress and maintain a healthier balance in our lives.
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Most popular nature sounds for stress relief
- Meditation Enhances Cooperation
- 5 Things All Working Millennial Women Can Do to Keep the Stress at Bay
- 6 Effective Ways to be relieved from Stress
- Shower Meditation
- Guide on High School Preparation for Law School
- Resiliency Clues From Marvel Characters & Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nationally Recognized Psychotherapist Bill Benson, LMFT, LPCC Questions the Commonly Held Definition of Stress
- Midlife Crisis is a scam
- 5 Keys To Stress Relief
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- What to do About Stress?
- Eliminate Time Clutter - Create A Not To Do List
- How Stressful Thinking Impacts You
- How much time do you waste each day doing routine things?
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger. It’s True!
- Are Your Friends There When You Need Them?
- How to defeat stress.
- How to Change an Unhealthy Behavior that Seems to be a Solution to a Problem
- Tips on How to Avoid Getting Stressed at Christmas
- Managing Your Papers: Inbox, Outbox, and Everything In Between
- Concrete Ideas on How to Cope With Stress
- How To Cope With Pressure At Work
- Stopping Panic Attacks Naturally
- Creating a Peaceful Place – Simple Stress Reducing Technique
- How To Hang In There Mentally When You Have Money Worries
- Work Life Amalgamation
- How to Live Stress-Free and Happy
- Job Stress and Your Health
- Why Should I Care About Stress?