An Email Campaign’s Destiny can be Determined by a Subject Line
- Author Joyce Kuras
- Published July 4, 2010
- Word count 540
For many companies, email campaigns have become the heart and soul of their sales. Blood, sweat, and tears go into creating valuable content and cool imagery. Finely targeted campaigns take time. They must hit just the right segment, at the right time, obtaining those click through and buy rates, which is an integral source of revenue. So what’s left to consider before hitting that send button? - The subject line.
When emails arrive in the in-box, the recipient immediately sees two things - the sender’s email address and the subject line. Within seconds of its arrival, it is either opened or trashed. Sounds a bit harsh and unfair, well it is. But with the average Internet user being bombarded and overwhelmed with legitimate and spam mail, you can certainly commiserate with their dilemma.
What makes you buy your paper, open an on-line article, choose between dozens of events to read? – The headlines. You skim through the paper, the Internet, and your magazine, looking for that interesting and engaging story. You want something to grab your attention. Think of your subject line as that award winning headline, capturing and engaging your recipient to open your email. Of course, it is unspoken that once opened, the content should be relevant and mirror the subject line. No one would want to be misleading with a catchy subject line, leading to a boring, irrelevant message.
What are effective subject lines?
All of us have experienced really engaging subject lines. The effect is intoxicating. We must read the entire story – and read it right now. If we don’t, it will bother us until we do. Imagine watching a movie and your cable bombs out. Not knowing how a story ends, can drive you crazy. Maybe this a bit of an exaggeration, but wouldn’t it be great if your subject lines had that kind of effect on your readers?
Here is a list of ideas. With the right creativity, give the subject lines in your email campaign the edge and excitement they need to get your campaign opened and read:
Sharing Secrets: What gold investors don’t want you to know
The Tease: Email marketers were shocked to discover
The "How To:" How to write eye catching subject lines
Creating Urgency: Save 35% - offer expires today
Intriguing News: Iphones are replacing laptops according to
Authoritative: According to MarketingSherpa, email campaigns
Testimonials: Why Donald Trump prefers on-line sales
Personal Benefits: How exercise changed my life
No matter what method is used, the goals are the same. An email marketing campaign should be the catalyst of new leads that produce sales. An email marketer sends out valuable information, which is relevant to their clients and prospects. They respect their recipients’ privacy and weigh their campaign frequency. Converting leads and prospects into loyal clients, is not easy. It takes time to gain someone’s trust, which must be earned, over the test of time.
Compelling subject lines are not an option for an email campaign. They can be the deciding factor between your emails being read – or dumped in the trash bin. Good News: You don’t have to be a great writer, to create a dynamic subject line. You just need a little inspiration.
Freelance SEO Content Writerhttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!