How to Write Great Classified Ads
- Author Alex Wu
- Published July 2, 2010
- Word count 500
Whether you are trying to sell your house or you want to promote your business online, you need to learn how to write a great classified ad - one that will attract attention and generate enough interest and response.
First thing to take into consideration when writing a classified ad is the ad title; your title should be an attention grabber and the last thing you would want is a boring title that nobody will notice. Do not be afraid to use a catchy phrase or even use humor to make your ad title stand out: remember that there are hundreds, if not thousands of people out there offering the same service or selling the same product and you want to always be a step ahead of your competition.
Keep your ad short while still revealing the most important details about your product or service; if you are trying to sell your car, make sure that you list your car model, year of manufacturing, mileage, type of transmission and the asking price. If omit vital information it is likely that the person that reads your ad will simply click on the next one and end buying from elsewhere; no matter what you are selling, you should always leave your contact information, where you can be reached and answer any additional questions that might arise.
Call for action: it has been proven that ads that call for action work much better, even today when most online users have become somewhat immune to almost any form of online advertising. Play with people’s emotions and convince them that you are presenting them with an opportunity that they do not want to miss!
Avoid using all capital letters in your ad or ad title; on the Internet the capital letters are usually interpreted as "shouting" and most people are turned off by such ads. Use capital letters with moderation, in order to stress the important parts of your message.
If at all possible, include a photo in your classified ad: many classified ad sites offer search features that can filter ads with pictures only and you would most definitely want your ad to be one of them. Even if you are offering a service, you can still include a picture and add your logo with your website address.
Make a promise to your ad readers! Well, most people are indeed much more interested in what you can do for them rather than what they can do for you, so you will not only have to convince them that whatever you are advertising is beneficial to them, but also back it up with a promise.
Placing an online ad is the fastest and probably the cheapest way to advertise your services and products, sell or buy a house or a car and even meet new people online. And if you learn how to write a great classified ad, you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to in less time and with less effort!
Alex Wu operates the classified ads website that lets people advertise, build groups, and connect. He hopes to create an active environment for people to conduct their job search.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Ten Questions to Ask a Listing Agent
- 5 Types of Stairs to Suit Your Dream House
- Organizing Estate Sales For Higher Profits
- Taking the Best Advantage of Free Classified Sites
- Online Classified Ads - The Benefits
- The Basics of Estate Auctions
- Top 5 Essential Motorhome Accessories
- Never ending market of pharmaceutical companies explored by MR
- Charity Auctions Still Deliver for Fundraising
- Effective Free Classifieds Advertising for Business Success
- Rewards and short-comings of software’s used for accounting purposes and their impact on CPA firms
- Smokoo auctions are real
- Everything you need to know about free adds
- Post free classified ads – is it easy to sell or buy anything for free?
- Become One of eBay's Most Illustrious Powersellers!
- 7 Niches for eBay That Make A Profit
- Have Old Baby Items? Sell them Online Australia
- Real Time Search Engines – new faces of search engines
- Search Engine – everything on your tip
- The Growth of the Australian Online Auction Marketplace
- Repossessed Boats – Cut Out the Dealer and Get the Best Deal on Repo Boats
- Points to remember while buying online
- Tips To Build A Profitable eBay Business
- Tips For Discovering Ideal Cosplay Costume
- Why You Need a Conveyancer
- Why Not Give Yourself An Advantage Over The Majority Of eBay Sellers?
- Vast Opportunities In Auction Sites
- Site Flipping Tips and Tricks
- Morganton Burke County Free Classifieds & Local Business Directory
- House Hunting