List Building - How to Create a Free Offer
- Author Kim O'rourke
- Published August 7, 2010
- Word count 382
The best way to get people to join your list is to have some kind of free offer.
This free offer has to be something that your target market want – and preferably want so much that they are prepared to give you their email address for it.
So, you have two options: you can guess what they want…or you can ask them.
My advice is to always ask your target market – don’t assume anything (even if you think you’re right, still ask).
The easiest way to do this is with a survey. They are plenty of free survey tools out there - all you need to do is "google" to find some (how did we survive before Google?!).
All you have to do is write a short questionnaire (no ‘leading’ questions: you want the proper answers otherwise your marketing will fall down), add in some demographic questions (eg age, gender, location, marital status if relevant) and send the link out to your existing list.
If you don’t have an existing list, then ask for people’s help on a relevant forum and post the link there. Make sure the forum is full of people from your target market though!
What To Do When You've Got Your Survey Results....
Once you have the survey results, then all you have to do is identify the key issues from it (people will tell you what their main problems are, or what they are worried about most, if you ask them).
Then decide how you can address those key issues and provide that information in a video, audio, e-book or report or via an email series (eg 7 steps to quick weight loss; 5 days to spot free skin).
Give it a snappy title and – voila! – you have your free offer!
Start Collecting Those Names....
Now all you have to do is promote this free offer to the world (well, where are your target market are) and start collecting up names and email addresses for your list!
And – by the way – this method works perfectly well offline too: they could ring a special phone number and leave their name and address for you to mail them; or they could mail you, or put their business card in a pot and so on.
Kim O'Rourke specialises in helping service-based professionals find their niche and getting the right kind of clients for them. You can download a free audio programme "How to Get More Clients, More Money and More Time for Yourself" and find out more at http://www.MerrieMarketing.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client