Four Tips For Converting Visitors Into Subscribers
- Author Ian Basford
- Published January 11, 2011
- Word count 457
A landing page, also referred to as a "squeeze page" or "lead capture page", is used to get subscribers onto your mailing list. In its simplest form, a landing page is a one-page document with a box for your visitor to input their name and email address to subscribe to your mailing list or newsletter.
Getting people to give their details, however, is not as easy as it would first appear. Many reasons exist for a person to withhold their personal information, such as their right to privacy and the fear of being spammed.
Here are four tips that I believe will give you a head start for creating a successful landing page. On average, a good landing page will convert one in five of your visitors into subscribers.
Firstly, and perhaps most important of all, you should offer a freebie in exchange for your visitor's email address. Offer a special report or a sample of your paid product to your visitor in exchange for their details. A good way of preparing a product to give away to your visitors is to use private label rights material.
Private label rights is simply a name given to a product, or products, that you can purchase on the internet for very little money, or in some cases for free, and use in whichever way you wish. You may use the product as-is, re-write it, or combine it with other information products that you own.
Secondly, your landing page must be professionally-written. When writing your landing page, treat it as if you are writing a sales letter. While you are not necessarily trying to make a sale or trying to get someone to buy your product upfront, being able to entice your visitors to give their details to you is equally as important as selling your product.
Thirdly, other than your opt-in form and important terms and disclaimers, there shouldn't be any other links on your landing page. This is important because you don't want your visitors distracted from the task at hand. Also, avoid placing Google Adsense on your landing page.
Remember that your landing page has only one objective, and that is to legitimately acquire the names and email addresses of your visitors.
Finally, reinforce the benefits of the freebie you are offering to your potential subscribers. Focus most of the attention on encouraging your visitor to download your free offer. Later, you gently remind your prospect that he or she has nothing to pay, but just merely to subscribe to your newsletter in exchange for the freebie.
As a final thought, in order to build trust you can include your hand-written signature or a photograph of yourself explaining who you are and why your visitor should care.
For more helpful advice on building a mailing list, email marketing and other online business tips and tricks, please visit my blog at http://www.online-marketing-review.info. Take a look at my FREE ebooks while you're there.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client