How To Prepare Effective Power Point Presentation
- Author Bernal Carmen
- Published February 12, 2011
- Word count 588
Preparing and giving PowerPoint presentation is not an easy task, especially if you are doing it for the first time in front of a big audience. The outcome of your presentation will be affected by your communication skills, quality of your presentation and ultimately, by the time you spent in preparing the presentation. In order to prepare effective PowerPoint presentation, we provide you with some advice which will help you in that process.
Prepare your presentation
Prepare concept of your presentation - For example 1. Introduction 2. Problem 3. Proposal (Solution) 4. The result 5. Next steps
Choose effective PowerPoint template that will be consistent with the topic you present
Design simple slides - do not overdo it. Don't put too much text on your slides. Presentations are not books. Usually put only key words, not full sentences. This will keep attention of the audience to your slides while you are speaking.
Use images to complement your message - Do not use images for decoration, only to highlight message you are delivering.
Be consistent - use same font on all slides. Do not write in capital letters and preferably choose text with no serifs as it is easier to read slides.
Prepare notes - use bigger font on your notes so that you can easily remind yourself of important points. Always put numbers on your notes in case they mix up or fall on the floor so that you can arrange them easily.
Prepare the stage - set everything up, check out that projector is working and go through your presentation (you can do this while the projector is off). Prepare notes.
Beginning of the presentation - eye contact with the audience, firm standing. Try to find 2-3 familiar people in the audience and look at them.
Greeting and introduction - try to start with a friendly beginning, with a smile or a joke.
Do not just read text on slides - this is a common mistake which makes presentations uninteresting and audience sleepy. Instead, explain points you made on your slides. The idea is to keep the audience focused on your slides while they are listening to you.
Use notes - if you have notes, never show them to the audience, not because you want to hide something but because you want to keep their attention on your presentation.
Keep eye contact with the audience - do not look down too often. Stay focused on your audience as you speak.
Overcoming presentation anxiety
Try to find 2-3 familiar people in the audience and look at them from time to time.
Start with a friendly greeting and a smile.
Practice your first minute. It is the most important part to get rid off nervousness.
Practice your presentation in front of the mirror. Practice your body language and voice tone.
Practice in front of your brother or sister or someone you trust and ask them for opinion about your performance.
Turn focus of your audience to your slides, not yourself - make interesting, creative slides with images and charts, refer to important points on your slides and the audience will most of the time be focused on your slides.
Avoiding unexpected problems
- Always prepare print-out of your slides so that you can make your presentation if computer crashes or projector stops working. In PowerPoint you can print several slides per page so that your 24 slides presentation can be printed on 12 or even 8 pages.
Free Presentations is an free online archive of PowerPoint templates and backgrounds.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?