Tracking Your Email
- Author Jun Tariman
- Published March 2, 2011
- Word count 548
Privacy is something we all strive to achieve in everyday life. We want privacy when it comes to medical information, credit cards, and phone calls, but we may not think about it with our email. As a business owner it’s important you keep the privacy of your clients secure, but it’s also important that you handle your business efficiency and effectively.
It’s crucial to know what’s going on with your business at all times and tracking your email is one of those ways. If you’ve ever wondered if an email was received and read it’s a good idea to use a tracking system. The main reason for the use of a tracking system is due to the lack of tools you’ll find you have with most standard email programs.
When you’re sending emails via any free email service, you’re not going to be notified when the one you’ve sent the mail has opened and read it.
The solution for your worry is mail tracking. I’d used a service like that during my regular days with my previous employer where its Lotus email system would send back a receipt of delivery once the email is opened by the recipient. This is very useful in workplaces where a manager has to confirm whether his subordinate had indeed received his instruction via email.
Here’s an email tracking service worth trying with its trial version. MailTracking tells you not only when your email is opened but even when it is forwarded to other email address. MailTracking works across the internet and would even provide for the location of the recipient.
I’d tried sending a test email from my YahooMail to my other account in Gmail. In MailTracking, you just simply add .mailtracking.com on the recipients email address. For example, a tracked email to : firstname.lastname@example.org would look like email@example.com. No need of putting an image or web beacon into the body of your email. You may also opt to install a plug in to automatically add the tracking into the recipients address every time you shall send an email.
MailTracking stands out among several email tracking services by offering several sending options. Most email tracking services offer "return receipt" feature which notify the sender once the email gets read by the recipient. MailTracking does more than that by giving you several options.
These options include email certification that digitally sign your email and insert a timestamps certificate making it as court admissible evidence.
MailTracking allows your email sent to self-destruct at a predetermined time by you or when the recipient tries to copy, forward and print your email.
Another great option is the assurance that your mail stayed on the MailTracking server until accessed by your recipient and a ReadNotification is sent back to you.
You can even retract your email even before it is read by your recipient.
Another feature of MailTracking which is not available in any other email tracking services, is its capability to monitor any attached documents like Microsoft Word/Excel/Powertpoint and Adobe PDF file.
You can try a trial version of MailTracking service and its Document Tracking Feature. Visit their official site.
This article also appeared on my blog.
Jun Tariman is a Broadcast Journalist, a Tech-Blogger, and a Mass Communication instructor from Cebu, Philippines.
MailTracking site: http://www.mailtracking.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client