E-mailers – The best time to send out? Find out now!
- Author Berry Burgess
- Published April 19, 2011
- Word count 407
This is the big question that everyone has been trying to fathom out since we first discovered the ‘send’ button. A lot depends on your target audience, your message and your offer or message. Also is it Business or Consumer – each has different habit and responses.
As a rule of thumb the best days for business emails is Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays. Your audience is generally out of the office on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday’s – it’s back to work time and it’s too early in the working week for business solicitations as there is a lot of the weeks work to plan. On Friday, most people are concentrating on finishing and tying up loose ends. If someone starts something on a Friday, it may be forgotten over the weekend.
So, what’s the best time? A lot depends on who you are sending too but here are some loose guidelines:
The Black Hole: 10.00pm to 9.00am – this is the worst time to send emails.
The Happy Hour: 9.0 am to 10.00am – this is considered to be good time for Consumer, but not for Businesses first thing on a Monday morning as they are cleaning out the inbox and are in a deleting frenzy.
Do Not Disturb: 10.00am to 12.00 noon – consumers are choosing to concentrate and focus on work after a slowish start.
The Lunchtime Lounge: 12.00 to 2.00p.m – Consumers are unlikely to open emails in ‘Me Time’ and prefer to concentrate on YouTube. Magazine formats, sports and general surfing and shopping.
The Kill Zone: 2pm to 3.00pm – After a lazy lunch period it’s heads down straight back into work with a vengence. This is a good time to respond to business oriented emails.
The Change Time: 3.00pm to 5.00pm – Job related frustration and apathy kicks in and consumers start considering personal situations. This is a good time for financial services, property and anything that may enrich and change the low that they are in.
The Late Workers: 5.00pm to 7.00 pm – This is a good time when business people have time to absorb B2B promotions and offers. For the consumer it’s holidays.
The Soft Zone: 7.00 pm to 10.00pm – Consumers are more likely to respond to consumer driven promotions in their own time and at home. Shopping and clothes and health club promotions are perform well in this time.
In a nutshell? Target Businesses early in the day and Consumers later in the day.
Berry Burgess has over 35 years experience in Advertising and Marketing. He now owns his own digital agency in the UK, Armadillo Creative. For further information contact 0191 2578380 or visit www.armadillo-creative.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Earn Money from Email Marketing. Email Marketing for Beginners:
- How to Make Custom Personal Or Business Mail Logos?
- Best Gmail Backup Tool Review
- Powerful business email with MDaemon Messaging Server
- Email Marketing By Spoken Communication
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers