How to Write Google Ads that Get New Patients?
- Author Luigi M. Scollo
- Published May 13, 2011
- Word count 829
If you’re using Pay-Per-Click advertising to promote your plastic surgery marketing practice online or if you’re even thinking about using PPC then you need to read this article right away.
Because you can’t just buy the first spot anymore! There’s something called a quality score that Google uses. And if Google doesn’t like your ad or website, it will punish you by lowering the rank of your ad burying it so very few prospects will see it. Now, if you don’t write your Google Ads the right way, you can be spending thousands of dollars and not get one single new patient.
Why Most Google Ads Fail to Bring In New Patients
Imagine you are seated in a room, shoulder to shoulder with your fiercest competitors.
In the middle is a prospective patient for your plastic surgery practice.
This asks, "Why should I choose YOUR PRACTICE in 15 words or less?"
- What would you say?
Would you waste any of the 15 words? Would you waste 3-6 of the words on saying your name once or TWICE???? Would you waste a few words on "Board Certified" or "Free Consultation" that everyone else offers?
Well, believe it or not, the scenario above is basically your Google ad. It’s a preliminary 15-word interview of you versus all of your competition. And, most people doing pay-per-click advertising online stumble by adding words that are a complete waste. People add words that do not make people want to click and visit their website. By not writing an effective Google ad, you can kiss tens of thousands of dollars in new patients goodbye.
- How to Write an Effective Google Ad That Brings In New
Each word in your Google ad must earn its spot. If there’s not a strong persuasive element to every word you select, then you are wasting space and missing out on new patients. And, this includes inserting your name and the practice’s name within the ad. In fact, this is the pay-per-click advertising mistake that is committed everyday. People are obliviously taking up precious Google ad real estate.
For example, look at these to ads under a search for "San Diego Plastic Surgeon":
Smith Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Ray Smith offers cosmetic
procedures for body, breast & face
(URL was placed here)
(Actual ad but name was changed here)
Facial Plastic Surgery
"Only Face; Only Superior Results" San Diego
San Diego Plastic Surgeon (CA)
(URL was placed here)
- Notice the difference between the two ads?
The Difference Between a Good Google Ad and a Poor Google Ad
The first ad forgets that the most important part of the ad is the headline. Put your name there and you might as well leave it blank.
The first ad in contrast tells the prospective patient nothing about why they should choose or even consider Smith over every other plastic surgeon out there. Everyone else "offers procedures for body, breast & face." He’s positioned him self as just like everyone body else.
The second ad tells people we only do face. This eliminates people they don’t want– so they’re only paying for clicks from their target customers. The general public has been taught that specialists are "better."
The second ad confirmed they are in San Diego, in two different spots. This bolds "San Diego" in the ad and it makes the ad stand out from the rest. Plus it assures someone looking for a surgeon in San Diego that in fact this is in line with what they are looking for.
The only fault that I find on the second ad is the use of "Only Superior Results." What does that really mean to a prospective patient? Not a whole lot. Every patient is expecting superior results. Some have expectations set more towards miracles then "superior."
On your Google ad, you want to describe what a patient is after and hit on some emotion. You want to have some psychological or emotional trigger within your ad copy that grabs prospective patients by the eyeballs and pulls them to your website.
- Your Next Steps…
You can continue to do pay-per-click advertising your way and waste thousands of dollars or you can consistently beat your competitors and get new patients even in a recession. And, you can have Google think of you as a long-term business partner they can count on. They give their long-term partners preferential treatment like:
Higher position with a LOWER cost. It is possible to get a #1 spot for #3 prices or less.
Your ads will show more often
The end result is more new patients and a lower new patient generation cost.
For more information on plastic surgery marketing that generates a flood of new patients visit www.clicksandpatients.com for our free report: "Recession Proof Strategies That Are Bringing In Scores Of New Patients For Plastic Surgeons In The Most Fiercely Competitive Plastic Surgery Market In The World – Beverly Hills."
Web University by Link Web Services Inc.
Web University Lessons, Articles and much more!http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!