Tips on creating an effective PowerPoint presentation
- Author Jennifer Mears
- Published June 15, 2011
- Word count 424
To most people, creating and giving business PowerPoint presentations may be the bane of their life. It’s safe to say that most of them haven’t mastered the art of creating simple yet effective PowerPoint presentations. For all its flaws, PowerPoint presentations remain the most used form of business presentations.
Instead of being controlled by the fear and dislike of giving business presentation – the better approach is to learn the software and skills in order to take advantage of it to the max. Pay attention as well to the following tips on creating and giving the perfect business PowerPoint presentations.
Being Well-prepared Is Key
One of the key factors in ensuring a successful business presentation is to be thoroughly prepared for it. In business presentation, you are basically selling something to your audience – be it a concept, service or a product. Whatever it is that you are presenting, the goal is to inspire action. It is very important for you to know the material on the business presentation inside out. If you appear not knowledgeable, your audience can easily pick up on it.
Another area that you should prepare carefully is the look and content of your presentation. Organise and design the slides on the presentation so that they flow smoothly.
Practice, practice, practice!
When it comes to giving business presentations, there’s no such thing as too much practice.
Think yourself as an artist on stage with all eyes on you. Surely you don’t want to stutter, stumble, and falter. In addition to having superb knowledge of your content, you should know the structure and flow of the presentation – this means you have to rehearse it. The most effective way is to stand in front of a mirror and give the presentation out loud. It’s even better if you can do it in front of your friends, family or colleague.
Some more useful tips include
Keep your presentation simple and to the point.
Don’t drown the presentation in a sea of words. If possible use relevant images or charts – as they are easier to process. Relevant images also engage the audience better and they keep them interested.
Make clear titles, headings, captions that are easy to read. Don’t go overboard with the fontstyling.
Remember to make the background and text contrasting colors.
Don’t be too generous with the number of slides. In business presentations, less is always more.
As long as you have already covered relevant points, don’t drag the information for too long.
Jennifer Mears is a freelance author who writes about various computers and business training topics, To know more about Jennifer's Training ideas please visit. [http://www.progressivetraining.ie](http://www.progressivetraining.ie/)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?