The ABCs of A/V for Successful Meetings
- Author R.l. Fielding
- Published June 16, 2011
- Word count 388
If you’ve been in the meetings business for many years, you may remember the days when A/V consisted of 35mm slide shows and overhead transparencies. Technology glitches were limited to burned-out projector bulbs and slide trays that wouldn’t advance.
Meetings in the 21st century are technology-packed. In the last year or so, mobile devices have made the meetings technology terrain even harder to navigate. And the more technology you use, the more you run the risk that something will go wrong.
So how do you minimize the probability of an epic fail?
Assess the property’s equipment QA process. How is the equipment stored? Is there a preventative maintenance plan in place? What process does staff follow when checking installed equipment before meeting start time? Ask properties to describe their process so you know how to prepare for potential glitches.
Beware of the pitfalls associated with bringing your own equipment. Will the property allow you to hook your gear up to their network? If you’re planning to blend your equipment with some provided by the property, are the hardware and software compatible? What will you do if your equipment fails? Chances are the onsite tech staff will not be able to help troubleshoot. It might seem like a way to save money, but in reality, the cost of a stalled meeting is greater than what you’d save.
Calculate response time. Is the venue’s technical support staff on-property? Or will you have to wait forever for assistance with anything worse than a blown projector bulb? Look for a venue with on-site support and a response time guarantee.
But don’t stop there. Your tech support team has to be able to follow through all the way. That’s why you’ll want to zero in on experience. How long have tech team members been on staff? Having staff with degrees or certifications in technology is a definite plus. But what’s most important is the team’s experience at the property. Every meeting room and piece of gear has its own quirks. An experienced team knows what they are and how to avoid them.
About the Author
R.L. Fielding is a freelance writer who has written on a wide variety of topics, with special expertise in the education and event planning industries.
About Q Center
This article was provided by Q Center in St. Charles, IL. For more than 40 years, Q Center has been one of the world's finest meeting facilities. Q Center is an undisputed leader in conference center technology, offering T3 Internet bandwidth, secure data centers and a full-service on-site events and media team. Visit http://www.qcenter.com for more information.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool
- 4 Ways to Grab the Attention of Your Audience
- 3 Myths about Why People Can’t Change
- What Makes A Nice Digital Edition?
- Do you Care Enough to Know What You Have To before Hiring a Translation Agency?